N Scale Website - Great Diorama

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Casey,

You are right - excellent work.

From the title he could be out of North Bend, Wa. The background for his photos look to be the Cascades Mountains east of Seattle. I think I recognize them. Used to drive Rt 18 to I-90 to get to Ski areas and over the pass to Leavenworth for Christmas Light display.

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
Errol,
You gotta be real quite when your sneaking up on them jack ribbits. They was all over the place when I went. Next time look under the barn or under the truck on the left. I saw a bunch run under the truck just a minute ago.:D :D :D :D

That is some fine modeling:) :) :) :)

WM-N-fan

Jan 27, 2002
Hagerstown Md.
That elevator reminds me a lot of one in Breathedsville Md. on an old B&O branch line (used mainly for WM interchange and Passenger, berries, and LTCL shipments). After passenger service and B&O/WM interchange came to a screatching halt and the demise of other industries, the line was scrapped south of the elevator in 1979 and it recieved cars well into the 80's with a Chessie engine pulling a car about a mile from the main active section. The elevator has a tall, plain elevator and office and many other buildings and old cars and shanties. In the late 80's it went to reduced operations about the time the mile long spur was torn up to permit way for a prison. However ties and some remnants of rail still exist is the area buried in ballast. The elevator is now closed, but a farm store occupies the office and they use the elevator as a warehouse. It's called "the Feed Bin" It's a fascinating structure. Anyways this model looks like the elevator a lot. I agree that that's some fine modeling.