N Scale Structure Kits

jland31

Can you xperts help me?
Modeling a 1980's N Scale layout featuring Burlington Northern.
I would prefer high quality, high detail structure kits for that era. I'm thinking along the lines of Blair Line & DPM Gold. The offering of these two lines is limited however.
It seems that HO has plenty of this type structure but N is limited.
Where shud I look?

jland31

Clarification

I just re-read my post & mebee need to clear up what help I could use.
Would like the names of manufacturers who make high quality, high detail N Scale kits for the pre 1980 era. Similiar to Blair Line.

jland31

Type of structures

Hey Charlie & others:
Thanx for the input. What i'm lookin' for is rural, smallbusiness, residential & light industry ie, sawmill, rock crusher mill,passenger depot & assorted trackside structures etc.
It's all going on a 4'6"x8' N scale layout.
I've seen some HO structure kits with knockout detail & super quality. But can't find the same in N. Probably because I don't know where to look.

roryglasgow

A good place to start might be www.walthers.com. They are a distributor, and their website has a search function that lets you look up items by scale, type, manufacturer and/or keyword. When I got back into the hobby a couple of years ago, I found the site very useful for getting an idea of what kits were available.

You'll find better prices for the items at other stores/sites, but Walthers carries a lot of hard-to-find items.