N Scale MDC/Roundhouse 2-8-0

I just got a nifty MDC/Roundhouse 2-8-0 Consolidation, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it ran slow and fast around my test oval. After a few laps in each direction I decided to work on replacing the Rapido couplers with the included. The rear one was easy to exchange, but I'm not sure how to replace the one on the pilot (it's not as accessible).

The more pressing issue is that the drivers seem to be bond now. It'll strain a bit, but no turning. I'm wondering if somehow in handling I rotated the drivers to a point where they got stuck. Any advice on how to proceed?

First part answered. The drive shaft between the motor in the tender and the loco wasn't firmly seated, it must have come out in handling. I'm still unsure of how to go after replacing the coupler on the pilot without being a moron.

Ok, impatience pays off on occasion. Twisting was the method, and even though it makes the box bulge a bit, it seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

For anyone considering picking one up, I'm very pleasantly surprised so far. The little guy had no trouble pulling 14 cars around the oval, maintaining a nice crawl, or even with a decent top speed. A few of the cars were bigger Intermountain hoppers and some 60' MTL cars. It's dead quiet at low speeds too.

Well, enough talking to myself. We now return you to your regularly scheduled threads.