N Scale Dump Trucks

Here is a picture of my Fifers Unobtainium mine fleet of trucks.
The cab over dump and fifth wheel are stock Mini Metals.
The flat bed is new Mini Metals (shortened).
The other two dumps are new Mini Metals Swift Reefer trucks with the boxes cut off and two Mini Metals cab over dumps glued in place and frames shortened.
Swift lettering was removed from the doors with a soft Lifelike eraser type track cleaner.
Then they were all drybrushed and replacement hoods and fenders painted on.
Hope you all enjoy the pictures.
Mike

Attachments

• trucks.jpg
    trucks.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 250
C

Catt

Mike,I am totally impressed.Its to bad that all the N scalke mini-metals don't look as good as those new trucks

GNRail

Jun 18, 2003
Sudbury,ON
Visit site
Nice reworking :thumb: :thumb:

While shopping for my son I have noticed an increase in the number of almost nscale vehicles. I say almost since they either seem to be too big or too small but for $7.00 I am not going to argue.

In the great white north here (thats anywhere north of Barrie, Ontario) There seems to be three manufactures (distributers?)

Hot wheels, MicroMachines by Hasbro and Speeeedz by Playmayes (previously posted here)

I have been searching through our various toy stores. They don't seem to have alot of selection in the different sets. The most I've seen here is the Micro Machines. I've picked up a couple of sets so far more in speculation than real need at this time. (Merry Christmas to me)

A quick question

How hard was it to remove the orginal paint?

TTFN

Garry

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Excellent work... at first I thought it was just weathering... but a kit-bash as well? Very nice! It's amazing what a little work can produce. :D