N Scale coal shed

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
After I completed the Hamilton Model Works coal shed, I built this version in N scale, partly just to see if I could do it.

I reduced the plans on the photocopier, and then built it out of scrap scribed- and strip-wood I had lying around.

The weathering is the standard India inka and alcohol, and the red doors are drybrushed craft paint.

Attachments

• nscale front sm.jpg
    nscale front sm.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 200

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Part 3

I wanted to give this one a bit more of a run-down look, so there is a hole in the roof where time or vandals have taken a small toll.

The roof is tinfoil, pressed between computer ribbon cable. See this thread for details.

Attachments

• nscale roof sm.jpg
    nscale roof sm.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 200

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
The small shed looks very good beside its big brother. Again, the roof is awesome - the computer cable method obviously leads to excellent results!

Perhaps you could gather a few scientists entering that shed, looking for a meteorite which has crashed trough the roof of that structure. :D

Ron

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by RailRon
The small shed looks very good beside its big brother. Again, the roof is awesome - the computer cable method obviously leads to excellent results!

It is funny (i.e. strange), but the N scale shed doesn't really look out of place on the HO layout. I guess there aren't really any clues to how big the thing should be, and most of us do not have any first hand experience with them.

Thanks for the kind words!

Andrew