N scale building collection for sale

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
I am in contact with a elderly gentleman who is interested in selling off his "N" scale collection of buildings and structures. There is close to three hundred, if not more, buildings and structures. He has lost interest, after 20 years of collecting, because of his eyesight. I was tryng to come up with a solution for him to dissolve his collection. I took some pictures today to post to our club members. E-bay sales on built structures is way down and I was looking for other solutions for the gentleman. He just does not want to give it away, but looking to make something on it. He unpacked several boxes for me today and layed out the structers, I'll post a few pictures. Any suggestins for the gentleman?

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 449
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 448
  • MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 448

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I have just started to build a small N scale layout, and I'm looking into buildings as of NOW. This is so cool! I'm very intrested in what he has.

How much do you want for the two brick buildings in the middle picture, PM me aboout those, please!

Also the middle building on the bottom row in the bottom picture, PM me about that too, Thank you!

brucemac11

Jan 19, 2006
That's a lot of buildings. How are you going to list them, as a bulk lot or individually? I'm certainly interested in some if they're sold either as small groups of as individual. Please let me know when you decide. Thanks, Bruce

vilefileman

Dec 11, 2004
Ok

I am interested in the gas/oil refinerys in picture 2, and any coal/oil related pieces.Also any vehilces (trucks, cars tankers, etc)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Bill,I am also interested in buying some.Can you send a list or the asking price? I am interested in the Lumber Hill,the white building in the first photo and any others you may have.
Feel free to e mail or pm me.

brucemac11

Jan 19, 2006
Second reply to your posting. I had a little more time to look at the photos more closely. I'm interested in buying all of the buildings in the last photo. Please advise. Thanks, Bruce

coachC

Feb 6, 2006
Alabama
Sounds like he could sell the buildings pretty quick. Actually I might be interested in buying all of the scrap parts if he is interested in selling them. Looks like there might be a few in the last picture.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
I think the gentleman is going to be surprised at the interest and I am also with the response. He does not have a computer and I have made copies of all your posts and will meet with him again this week. I will bring some better lighting with me for additonal pictures and will try and pin him down on some pricing. I am also curious to see what else he has in all the packed boxes.

GeorgeHO

May 3, 2005
Baltimore, MD
You should be able to get the pricing for the structures from a Walthers catalog. That would give you a ballpark figure for the absolute max you could sell them for including shipping. Some of those structures will be difficult to ship without breaking. If they were HO I would drive to your location if it was close enough, maybe some of your Ngauge buyers would also be interested in driving if they were going to purchase enough.

kpowell

Mar 1, 2006
I'm new to this but I'm also interested in a list as I just spent $100 for some buildings.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Have not forgotten you fellows, been busier that a one armed paper hanger in a wind storm. Wanted to finish up the walk through gate module for our club and we have two shows on back to back weekends. The fellow is still interested and I just have to get over and take some pictures. The walk through gate worked liked a charm at our Sunday show. Yahoo, no more crawling under a "Duck under". (Should make a seperated post for the show, time permitting)

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to have a listing of his items with prices as well, very interested in the refinary in the middle picture. Please PM me when you get a list. Thanks.