N Scale Box Cab

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
The crew have been hard a work in the shop of the WC & T RR. They wanted to build a small unit to move small loads, equipment and men around the road and came up with this box cab. Painted it pullman green with yellow safty rails and was off and running. (used trolly mech. for power) What do ya think? :rolleyes: :D :D

Attachments

• side cab.jpg
    side cab.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 267

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I think the WC&T R.R. management owe their shop crew a case of their favorite suds and the rest of the day off with pay:p Love that back shop look.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
A fantastic model, & some excellent workmanship per your usual, Jim!:cool: :cool: :cool:

My hat's off to the WC&T shop crew also!:D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
P.S. Shoulda kept the mech a secret. When Chris finds out you used a trolley and turned it into a fossil fuel powered loco, he's gonna be in mourning fo a month.

Gordon M. Craig

Jul 31, 2003
Victoria BC Canada
Visit site
boxcab

A very neat model indeed! And now for a question. Does anyone know where one could get drawings for CN's original 9000, a two unit diesel pioneer, built in the 1930's I believe. I would like to try to build it; it's quite a famous loco in Canada.

Gordon

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Whoa...kinda looks like a Doodlebug and a Boxcab mated and this is their kid. Welcome to the Gauge by the way. That looks like a perfect first kitbash, the hard part being that D truck in the center. Looks almost like it started life as an electric.

Gordon M. Craig

Jul 31, 2003
Victoria BC Canada
Visit site
Yes, it's a very fascinating engine. Don't know anything about its history &c. BTW sorry about being off for so long; but don't worry; I'm back!

It would appear that the two units (9000 and 9001) always worked together as a unit; anybody with any info about this unit I would appreciate more info. CN fans, are you listening?

Gordon

Gordon M. Craig

Jul 31, 2003
Victoria BC Canada
Visit site
pioneer CN diesel boxcab

I know that D truck will be tricky; actually any suggestions for modelling it would be gladly received.

It is a wonder that CN hasn't made more of a fuss about this engine. It's Canadian self-effacement again. Look at the UP M10000 - Lionel built a model of it, for pete's sake; or the Burlington Zephyr, both pioneering locos of the era.

Anyone who has dimensional data or any more info on it please post. I believe that the train it's pulling is #15, the International Limited, between Chicago and Toronto.

Gordon