N Scale Atlas GP-7

Chad

Dec 19, 2006
Cumming, GA, USA
Is this loco good? I am trying to stick to pre-1950's and want a decent Diesel or two. I am also trying to stick to PRR and am not quite sure I am ready to repaint one myself sign1

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
I have an Atlas TH&B GP7, it's a slow starter, needs a few laps to warmup but after that it's a smooth loco.I like it and so far I'm very satisfied with it.
The Atlas GP7 has a great gear ratio making it a nice switcher because it can crawl slowly on a spur.
I also have an Atlas CPR GP9. Imho both are worth buying.

GP7THB.jpg

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
I checked Atlas website and unfortunately, Atlas doesn't have a PRR GP7.
My next purchase will be a [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]GP7 CNR #4800 green/gold ( the same as DoctorWayne has :) )

[/FONT]

DavidB-AU

Feb 26, 2006
Chad said:
Is this loco good? I am trying to stick to pre-1950's and want a decent Diesel or two. I am also trying to stick to PRR and am not quite sure I am ready to repaint one myself sign1
You could always imagine PRR trialled the demonstrator in 1949.

Cheers
David

BKlein

Mar 10, 2006
Sarasota, Fl
I have 2 and although I have only test run them I would buy more very smooth and look great.

I have a Northern Pacific on ebay right now I got excited and bought it not relizing it was a phase 2 and the engine I want to model was a phase 1 and after getting one I really hate to bash it (I need a SD-26 cab on it)