N or Z

spyder62

Sep 21, 2005
Salem,Or
Which is smaller? I work with "n" and never even heard of "z" till I jioned this site. :eek:

Roch

Z is smaler N scale is 1/160 were as Z is 1/220
I do kits in both scales and Z does keep me on my toes as the design d]needs to be right on for it all to fit and look right.
rich
RSlaserKits

roch

Jan 1, 2008
Denver, CO
Z is smaler N scale is 1/160 were as Z is 1/220
I do kits in both scales and Z does keep me on my toes as the design d]needs to be right on for it all to fit and look right.
rich
RSlaserKits

WOW,
I will have to check out "z" some day. I am having a tough time with "n" but I am creative and love this hobby.
I ended up glueing and nailing my track down. Nails just did not cut it.

Roch

ozzman

Nov 8, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Z is about 70% of the size of N. If you're having trouble with the small size of N....

It was launched by Marklin in 1972 and for a long time there were mainly European (and especially German) models, but in recent years a number of US manufacturuers have started to make US outline models of locos, cars and structures. One of the best known is the Micro Trains Line.

ozzman

Nov 8, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I forgot to say that the track gauge is 6.5 mm, which is about a quarter of an inch. Some larger scale modellers use Z scale track for N or HO narrow gauge.

roch

Jan 1, 2008
Denver, CO
Sorry,
I forgot to mention the reason I have been having probs with N-scale is because of my poor eyesite. Would anyony like to make a donation to the Roch needs new glasses foundation?

That was a joke. :mrgreen:,

Roch