"N"ewest warehouse project

C

Catt

Been puttering around with this one for almost a month and still haven't got it done.

shipr1.jpg

shipr2.jpg

shipr3.jpg

The design is based on Nu-Line Structures tip-up warehouse but at a slightly lower price of (so far) $1.00.

Will post more pics as progress progresses.:D

C

Catt

Pete,the 0n30 is on a back burner for a little while.Those buildings will be of abit older style though.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Very neat! Its a huge building, just like such warehoues are, but it doesn't overwhelm the scene! Hmmmmm, this N scale of which you speak is verrrry interesting. :)
Ralph

C

Catt

Nuther pic,showing some progress.The base you see is the same plastic the building is made from.When done the base will measure 40" long by about 12" deep (at least that is the plan. :D By the way I now have $2.00 invested in this project.

shipr4.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
You have been busy Catt. Looks great. Lots of room for those rigs to turn around and back to the doors. Tell us more about the tractor trailer and the other trailer please.

C

Catt

Couple more progress pics:D First one showing the start of the rooftop detailijg.

shipr5.jpg

This one showing some of the office area.

shipr6.jpg

Still lots to do,and notice no rail connection.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
No rail connection as you say Catt but how many of those trailers end up being moved across the country by trains. There also could be a cross docking facility nearby to load goods onto a train.
The setting looks good and gives the GVR a BUSY appearance.

C

Catt

Robin,I think that the trailers will be the chalenge in this project.They are going to be made from 3/4" square pine cut to the appropiate lengths (28',40' &48') the wheelsets will be small diameter dowling(unprocessed cardboard :D )

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Catt!
Well, you just keep churnin' 'em out! :D :eek: :D
You capture the look of the modern industry so well...particularly in the scale-size mass of these structures.
I live just a couple of miles from a modern industrial area known as the Bluegrass Industrial Park, (served by the NS) & any of the structures you've built for the GVR would fit right in with all those massive plants & wharehouses!
You've done an excellent job there!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
catt
most of us n scaler would like to know what kind of plastic you use we all who model in n scale knows how hard it is to find what we want and when we do find it is is to high in price so we spend the money on that pice of rollong stock thats been calling our name for months "not picking on other scales but i worked in hoalso and things are more to come bye in bigger scales at a lower cost"

C

Catt

Scooby,I'm a member of the Riverbend Model Railroad club in Hudsonville.I've been getting the plastic from one of the guys there who reportedly bought a skid full of the stuff.It is aproximately 15" wide x 40" long and is about .060" thick. Biggest drawback is that it is black.

Charlie,any chance you could get me some pics of some of the buildings in the Bluegrass Industrial park?

By the way folks thanks for all the nice words.