Mystery Train??

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
My daughter, who lives in Liberty, Missouri, just north of Kansas City, tells me there is a live steam engine with several cars that has been at Union Station in Kansas City and has now been moved up to Liberty. She thinks it was moved out of New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina blew in there.

Does anyone have any idea what train it might be? She said she thought, but wasn't certain that maybe part of the name was "Star"

Anyone have any clues? Thanks

Bob

isboris4449

Dec 15, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Yes, Texas and New Orleans. Back "in the day", Texas law required any railroad operating in Texas be headquartered in Texas. The T&NO was the wholly owned SP subsidiary created to meet the conditions of that law. SP locomotives, steam and diesel, had four digit numbers, T&NO three digit numbers. The "two" raikroads swapped locomotives numerous times.

Here's a link to get a look at her:

http://www.hubhobbyshop.com/ref10.htm

Tom

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I agree 100%. I have had some really great conversations on The Gauge and have "met" some great people here. Some of thge threads I have been involved in since I joined in 2001 have been great, like "The Box/Crate" whatever it is called now. I think it was one of the longest running threads on the site.