My workbench.......MESSY

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
What do you mean, messy? Some of the surface is still visible, most of the tools are put away, hardly anything is stacked on top of something else, there's no gardening tools visible.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by Blake
For all of you who don't think my workbench ever gets messy.........:D :D :D :D

???????????????????????????????????????????:eek:

Sorry, Blake ol' buddy....I think I gotcha beat by a long shot!:D ;) :p

Attachments

• mvc-017f.jpg
    mvc-017f.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 245

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Blake ... I see your wife has tidied up your room .. :) :)

Charlie and I have a much better system ... where we can find everything we need huh Charlie? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
(no wonder we don't make fast progress) .. :rolleyes:

Errol

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Sure! I can find whatever I'm looking for...lessee...I think it's right under here...ummm... maybe I left it over here...:D :D :D

Progress? I've heard talk about that...never really figured out what it is though...:D :p :D

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Blake I have to agree with the rest of the guys that workbench shot looks like it's staged. When I'm working at my table/bench I usually have several projects going at the same time to allow for glue/paint to dry. I figure my bench is clean when I only have one layer of crap left on the surface.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by kettlestack
Blake ... I see your wife has tidied up your room .. :) :)

And see, that's another thing...my particular "style" of housekeeping in that train room ensures that my wife & daughters won't come within a country mile of that workbench!
They'll poke their head in the door, & say, "Dad, can I borrow some tape?"
Or, "Honey, can you bring a screwdriver, & see if you can fix this?"
To which I can answer, "Sure, I'll be up as soon as I can find it!"
:D ;) :D

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Tears are rolling down my face!!! I almost hurt myself by falling off my chair LAUGHING. You guys are the funniest group I have seen. Man.......that was refreshing. I am serious here, I thought I was going to blow out the mesh in my hurnia!! Too funny. Okay, I did open the drawers to make it look worse. Hey, half the time there's a cat laying there too!! Oh well, I guess you're right, I'm too damn neat! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey, don't sweat it Blake!
You just stick with us, & we'll fix ya right up!:D ;) :D

Seriously though, that's one thing I really appreciate about The Gauge. You're ALLOWED to have a good time here!

And if keeping a "neat" workbench like that enables you to turn out the quality of modeling that you've come to be known for, then don't change a thing, my friend!:) :cool: :cool: :)

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Hey Pete, is that like the Monty Python skit with the rich guys talking about how poor they were growing up? I love that one. Each story gets progressively more ridiculous and then the last guy tells his story. "We used to get up every morning, 10:00 at night, half an hour before we went to bed. Work 36 hours down at the mill and when we came home our dad would cut us in two with a bread knife and dance upon our graves singing hallelujah. Try telling that to the young kids today, they won't believe you".

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Hi Blake,
I looked at the picture you posted, then at your avatar, and was absolutely sure you meant your "park"bench, not your"work"bench :D :D :D
Blake I have to agree with the rest of the guys that workbench shot looks like it's staged
I just can't see your workbench staying that clean, knowing the amount of work you put into your models.......

......or maybeeeeee you have more than one workbench!:D :D
Pete

P

philip

worlds worst workbench

This would be a great contest...this thread has made my day.
LOL!:D