My Weathered Freight Cars!

pfs

elogger said:
hey guys...

if you'd like to get in to MTW, when the username/password prompt comes up, enter mtw for the username and enter for the password... all lowercase... once inside, you can register... rich had a problem a few months back and had to go back through and reregister every member...

jeremy

jeremy

Thank you, I went back to the site. My problem seems to be that I have an account but I never got the confirmation email, therefore the account is in limbo. I was able to get an alternative email for Rich (I hope its good) and sent him a message. But if you could see fit to send him a message via MTW, ask him to resend the confirmation for my account there (username pfs)

Thank you for your time in advance,

Paul

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Well, somebodies railroads' working! Looking great! Now, where are your police to catch those guys doing the graffiti- which looks cool too!

Russ Bellinis

Gary S. said:
Great cars.

I also like the MTW site, what fantastic work they do over there, absolutely amazing. I wish I had the time and desire to do weathering that well. There are just so many aspects to this hobby, and to my goal of having an operating layout, I just can't spend the time required to do such beautiful weathering. My weathering consists: sit down with 4 or 5 cars, put on a wash or 2 or 3 to get a faded dirty look, then maybe some rust colored paint here or there, some darker gunk for grease and grime, then powders to blend things in or cover any mistakes, then a shot of dullcoat.

Still, you guys that do the fantastically realistic weathering make me think "WOW AMAZING!"

I wouldn't worry about it, Gary. Just do as you are doing and get the layout built. The weathering you have done will look "good enough." Once the layout is far enough along to operate with scenery and structures, you can go back and add detail and do more weathering to rolling stock. I would suggest that you make your structures removeable so that you can remove them in the future if you want to update any with either some weathering or to add more detail.