My thought for today

Tileguy

A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.

An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows.

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.

These quotes are all attributed to
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Why me

The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children.
King Edward VIII

Dorcas

I have always felt that although someone may defeat me, and I strike out in
a ball game, the pitcher on the particular day was the best player. But I
know when I see him again, I'm going to be ready for his curve ball. Failure
is a part of success. There is no such thing as a bed of roses all your
life. But failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from
it.

~ Hank Aaron ~
Now I a not Hank but
Tom.S or Dorcas

cidchase

Sorry, Livesteam, but the only way you get sympathy here is
to have a heart attack or a close relation in the hospital ... :D :D

but doesn't just being on The Gauge make you feel better??
I know it does me when I'm feelin' partickly grumpy. :) :)

At least it's Friday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why me

There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Ever wonder why you have to present your Costco card to get in the door, then you have to present it again when you check out at the resgister??? Isn't that redundent?

Why me

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."

"Old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm every time!"

"Walk softly, and carry a big stick!"

"Live every day as though it be your last, and kiss your partner before you leave"

Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

ezdays

Out AZ way
Gary H Pfeil said:
Don, Not only is it redundant, you have to do it twice!

Gary
Hmm, a redundent redundency. :confused: Gotta go, this thread is giving me a headache just thinking about this stuff..:eek::eek:

Tileguy

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
- T. Roosevelt (Panama, 1906)

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.
- Sun Tzu
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

Pitchwife

Dreamer
"Nature isn't like art, there are no happy endings, no sad endings, no endings at all. Just change and getting on with things."
Michael Flynn