My retirement presents

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
I also pass along a hrady Congrats!!
Having just finished my tenth year with the City...I'm thinking of the next twenty... Can I make it!!!
It is folks that have put decades, upon decades at a job that I admire. Folks such as you have made the companies what they are...if they would just better show it...

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Congratulations on reaching this milestone..!! I'm sure the gifts you received and the kind words and well wishes of your co-workers reflect their appreciation for a job well done. :thumb:

Moving on...My brothers and I had a steam engine JUST LIKE THAT...!!! Our ol' man set it up with several other accessories all joined by bands and pulleys to make a whole shop..!! Boy that was great..!! Thanks for bringing back fond memories...sign1

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Let me join the ranks of felicitators!

I retired exactly one year ago, and I was also the lucky receiver of a beautiful railroad book, signed by all my (ex-)colleagues in our school.

I looked forward to having much more time to spend on my railroad - but as it turned out (and others have said it before), there were so many other things to do in and around the house, that progress on the layout was very modest so far. Looking back, I wonder where I got the time from to work as a teacher... :mrgreen:

You'll have great times before you - enjoy every minute of it! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ron

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Congrats on retirement!

Be sure to make model railroading at least a part-time job!

I always feel young amongst (model)railroading types...I'm a grad student...24yrs old...so retirement is 40+yrs away for me. At least I can look forward to brainwashing a new generation of South Park & Nickel Plate fan...who will eventually give me grandkids to brainwash into loving the South Park and Nickel Plate.