my order

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by tnx, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnx

tnx Member

well i just made it fit :) altho its a tight fit. the hump pack connector wont go fully into the other connector. But it does work :) now to get my charger :p
  2. tnx

tnx Member

well, as some of u might know i broke the screw on my servo[xx(] so off to my LHS i was, so i asked the guy for ascrew, he went looking...looking...after 5 mins of searching he came back to me with this packge of the gears and the screw where in. i was like joepie, but he told me..: this is the ponly thing ive got, its 28 euro, and the screw is in there...:(well u can imagne im not gonna pay 28 euro for f*king screw. Because it was a Hitec servo(american) it had an american screw, with american measurements, which we dont use in europe...SO when we left(i only bought some threadlock aka Lock tite) a friend of mine said...hey i might have a screw like that at home. so he took the screw home. next day back at school he came running at me and said: TIM TIM, loooook!!!! and he gave me 3 screws of the same thickness as the 1 i bent :D:D:D they all had different lengts so i could see which 1 was best [8D]i was so happy, so today i took my tnx out for a spin :) it was pretty cool :)

well if its gonna be dry this weekend ill make alittle movie so u can see my TNX in action:)

Cheers Tim
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

dman dude i would have been so #@$%...glad to hear its running agian though.
  4. tnx

tnx Member

I was. amn it liked it, i made some little jumps from some tiles that where standing upward and the shocks seemed to better. but when i dropped the car(just pick it up and drop it) it bottomed out, but maybe when making a jump the forward power will compensate or something...not sure, ill have to see that tomorrow, after my tests :D
  5. tnx

tnx Member

little update:

[​IMG]

so here a mean looking picture of my new TNX :) so ive had some time to drive it now, and to be honest, i ight wanna take off the heavy tires, they are alot of fun, but the small tires just make it a little faster. i like the steering servo :) still havent recived the charger for my hump pack..so thats till waiting to get charged in my toolbox. there is 1 problem i run acroos now....wit the big tires...its almost impossible to get the car straight off the ramp [xx(] the ramp is just too small :( this is also a reason why i may put the stock tires back on, i cant go off the jump full speed coz its so wide, its almost impossible to let it go off the ramp straight :S:S i will get a BB for sure, and then theser tires will be THA BOMB ! well if any1 has some questions just go ahead. I put some of the excess tire foam on the roll bar, and ziptyed that on. works prety good, doesnt damage the body as much.

Tim
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

that look's pretty cool dude, the tires I bet give it a wide stance.!
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

sweet looking truck dude
  8. tnx

tnx Member

yes its huge wide, my truck is almost as wide as the savage is long [:0]
  9. alisar70

alisar70 Member

wow man nice truuyck iþ mýght think of getting tires like that to
  10. tnx

tnx Member

i thought id continue over here :D since this was MY topic wheeeeeeeeee

guess what? i got my stuff in early this mornin [8D]

what it SHOULD have contained was:

HPI Dirt Bonz
    RPM Titan stablemaxx rims
    Trinity 3 stage foams
    HPI Humppack
    Venomen Temp. Monitor
    Tamiya screws for attach starter system to backplate

What i got was:

HPI dirt bonz
    RPM Titan stablemaxx rims
    Trinity foams
    Tamiya Screws
    Some bodyclips(for free)
    2 tower magazines(2 sets of the same stuff...)
    and some tool to cut and stirp wires with

So i missed the humppack and the temp. monitor...that wasnt weird..COZ THE BOX WAS RIPPED HALF OPEN!! so i mailed tower straight away and got an email this evenin which said they would resend it :D what a company wouldnt ya say?!

anyways enuf of me brabbling here are some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the foams are ALOT better then the ones that came with the tires...altho i had 2 glue them AND they were a big pain in the rear to get into the tires....i also ducttaped the inside of the tires against ballooning, altho the foams should have eliminated that.

i also got my tnx up and running for half a tank but the pullstart seized on me once more....pullstarts and bearing dont like me at all....can some1 teach me how to get those things ready for long term use [B)]

anyways post whateva u think....and ask whateva u wanna ask...
  11. tnx

tnx Member

guess no1 cares but ill post it anyway...i dyed my rims black ehre ya go:

[​IMG]
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

sweet dude your truck just keeps getting better all the time. im sad to say i havn't been putting much money into my trucks
  13. tnx

tnx Member

why dont u do that then?! :D this truck handles like a god now!! i only need my humppack and its a grip monster!
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

ive been saving up for a jeep. i want to go wheeling man. but ya im going to be putting a few bucks into my savage and i might sell my evader
  15. tnx

tnx Member

so what you planning on buying for the savy?

atm im in the process of makin a custom made chassis plate. but im not sure what theme i want...i might wanna give it flames on the side...but im not sure...you guys got any good ideas?
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

i have no clue right now. i've been so buisy its crazy. good luck with the chassis
  17. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

That looks sweet dude!
  18. tnx

tnx Member

ye i busy with makin a CAD for it. ill keep ya updated on new improvements.
  19. digdug72

digdug72 Member

nice truck, yes keep us posted
  20. sonproductionz

sonproductionz Member

digdug wre you at?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.