My only loco!

Oh I know, I have always wanted one since 1996 and until last year I finally bought one. It's still in the box and I've only run it a few times, I'm waiting to move to a bigger place so I can build my own platform to put this beast on.

that is a nice loco but the wrong scale for me most of my ho stuff is in boxxes. i have 2 of those 4-8-8-4 big boys that my dad gave me in ho scale and 2 4-8-4 and 3 2-6-2 and 2 0-6-0 and 2 0-4-0 but they r all in ho scale and i don't have the room for a ho layout so i looking for n scale steam but if i find it in ho scale i buy it i just got a box of 25 steam loco at a flea market not had a chance to see what is in it only paid 15.00 for the box

Thanks Scooby!

Wow, your reallly into big steam, good for you! :D I met three guys at this one train sightseeing place called "Cassandra Crossing" (not that far from where I live, from Johnstown, Pa) It's a nice little spot to watch trains go by, you got a curve on the right and a 3 mile straight on the left and just watch them go by either on the bridge or hillside. If your ever in Pennsylvania, Cassandra Crossing is a good spot to watch, and of course there's the Horseshoe Curve (located about 30 miles from Cassandra).

Anyway those three fellas were talking and my father and I jumped in. We talked and everything and I told one of them that I have the Big Boy. He asked if its a good puller I promptly said "Yup, it sure pulls without effort!" Although the guy is a diesel buff I think I might have gotten him into steam a little.

thanks penn well i'm not in to steam that much my wife and oldest son both love the steam locos i like to see them roll down the track huffin and puffin all the way but like a ture train buff i buy them when i see them at a cheap price i know when me and my father gets his layout done all of my steam would have a layout of their own but as for my layout it's in the wrong scale and i only have 2 steam for it but got my eye on a 4-8-8-4 in n scale. and the rest of the fleet would be diesel becouse i used to work for norflk and southern same as my dad and his dad. well if i can get my wife to stop i would we have to go out to the childerns hospital in philly for our youngest son at the end of august.