My old "500"

Discussion in 'MIXED MEDIUM' started by Tonino, May 31, 2019.

1. Tonino

Tonino Member

The battery: my intention was to redo every little detail of my old car based on my memory, but there are some things I just cannot remember. One of them is the battery. It was a component subject to be substituted so there wasn't really THE battery, the only and one to represent. So for this detail I turned again on the web and choose a model suitable for installation on a Fiat 500 even if this is not necessarily the one installed on my car when I drove it.

Anyway the basic, and somewhat implausible shape provided by Hachette, didn't seem appropriate to me
    DSC09047.JPG

So I started cutting away the upper section (the body shape is, after all, acceptable) and replacing the "cap" with pieces of plasticard.

DSC09049.JPG DSC09052.JPG

The most difficult part was to recover the cable connectors (that I liked) from the cutted section.

DSC09053.JPG

Once added the last details, battery is ready for painting

DSC09056.JPG

Drawn the various labels on computer and printed them on glossy self-adhesive plastic sheet, the new battery is ready for installation.

DSC09058.JPG
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

Are the squares on your cutting mat 1 x 1 cm or inch? I guess it is the first... How is it that your prints come out so sharp?
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  3. Tonino

Tonino Member

Yes squares are 1x1 cm. I used an ordinary inkjet printer (HP Photosmart C4400) on a very good media (this one) printing at max resolution (I'm not really sure what real resolution is. The dialog box has only three setting: low normal and high).
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  4. Papa Mashy

Papa Mashy New Member

WOW!
    That is all.
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
    Tonino likes this.
  5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Geeze! That battery is awesome!! ;)
    Gandolf50 and Tonino like this.