My next design attempt - Blohm & Voss BV P.170

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Joseph, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Joseph

Joseph Member

Hi all,
    with all the great tutorials and help of this forum, I decided to make a more serious attempt to design something. After playing with a Mitsubishi Raiden, I decided to go for something less complicated - that is with a circle section fuselage :p
    So I've chosen this:
    [​IMG]

The available 3-view plan is not too accurate, but that's OK for me, at least I won't need to be accurate either hehe
    [​IMG]

So here are the pictures:
  2. Joseph

Joseph Member

Hi all,
    with all the great tutorials and help of this forum, I decided to make a more serious attempt to design something. After playing with a Mitsubishi Raiden, I decided to go for something less complicated - that is with a circle section fuselage :p
    So I've chosen this:
    [​IMG]

The available 3-view plan is not too accurate, but that's OK for me, at least I won't need to be accurate either hehe
    [​IMG]

So here are the pictures:
  3. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Looks good!

I can't wait to see the finished project!

B
  4. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Looks good!

I can't wait to see the finished project!

B
  5. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Very nice, what is the scale?
    and how did you do the winter camo in Photoshop?
  6. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Very nice, what is the scale?
    and how did you do the winter camo in Photoshop?
  7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Joseph....very nice looking aircraft, that is next model from Spi's series? look forward to see a finish project.

PS. i think u should change your camera :) to make your picture look cool
  8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Joseph....very nice looking aircraft, that is next model from Spi's series? look forward to see a finish project.

PS. i think u should change your camera :) to make your picture look cool
  9. Joseph

Joseph Member

@dimas karabas: I've chosen 1/48, the model is quite big, about 30 cm long. Fot the winter camouflage, I first painted in "summer" colours (dark green-gray), then I sprayed the white paint over it
    @NOBI: I'm still learning :lol: BTW I have a problem with Photoshop: how can I get rid of the black contour outlines? I put them to 1 pixel, played with their colour, but they stay in black...
    And yes, if I manage to finish this project, it will be the next SPI kit, but it will be for free :)
    Best regards,
  10. Joseph

Joseph Member

@dimas karabas: I've chosen 1/48, the model is quite big, about 30 cm long. Fot the winter camouflage, I first painted in "summer" colours (dark green-gray), then I sprayed the white paint over it
    @NOBI: I'm still learning :lol: BTW I have a problem with Photoshop: how can I get rid of the black contour outlines? I put them to 1 pixel, played with their colour, but they stay in black...
    And yes, if I manage to finish this project, it will be the next SPI kit, but it will be for free :)
    Best regards,
  11. Joseph

Joseph Member

Update, and a question for you...
    The main part of the fuselage is about 20 cm long, and has 4 formers (one at each end, and two around the wheel well. Isn't it too big? Should I split it in two or three parts?
  12. Joseph

Joseph Member

Update, and a question for you...
    The main part of the fuselage is about 20 cm long, and has 4 formers (one at each end, and two around the wheel well. Isn't it too big? Should I split it in two or three parts?
  13. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Looking good! But defenetily too long. You better split it into 3 parts at least.
    DK
  14. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Looking good! But defenetily too long. You better split it into 3 parts at least.
    DK
  15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Joseph,

If part too long, will have some problem when roll it, split into 3 parts like DK said is ok...nice looking color, joseph. u did a great job. wait to see your Raiden too
  16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Joseph,

If part too long, will have some problem when roll it, split into 3 parts like DK said is ok...nice looking color, joseph. u did a great job. wait to see your Raiden too
  17. Joseph

Joseph Member

Hi Nobi,
    here is the Raiden, but it is not a great success, I give it up (and GPM is just releasing one which will be 1000x better !)
  18. Joseph

Joseph Member

Hi Nobi,
    here is the Raiden, but it is not a great success, I give it up (and GPM is just releasing one which will be 1000x better !)
  19. Joseph

Joseph Member

OK, now I've done everything but the landing gear and the instructions.
    I am looking for fast test builders with a camera to take and post pictures ;)
    Please PM me if you have time and you're interested.
    Best regards,
  20. andrew ferguson

andrew ferguson Member

ah! this is the model i am trying to download at the Kartonmodell Forum but i can't seem to access anything even though i registered and it lets me log in. Since everything is in German and i don't speak German, i am fumbling around in the dark over there....heheh.

I hope i can download it.....looks like a great kit to build. I was thinking of building it in 1/18 scale. Do you think i will be able to build it successfully in that large a size?