My New website update!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Just be careful of your pricing Miles. A friend of mine decided to see if he could make some money on the side doing custom painting. The first customer he had brought in a G scale boxcar to paint. He quoted a price, but he didn't realize how much paint it would take to cover a boxcar that big. He ended up spending twice as much for Floquil paint as he was paid for the job and decided to retire after one job!

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Heh. Don't worry. I give a price quote up front that includes all of the cost factored inside. The prices on the main page are for HO/N. Scales larger the price is porportionately higher, and I don't do Z scale.

Come on by and see what I can do for you!

(BTW ALL of the photos on the website are of work we completed for previous (and current) clients!)

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think the best thing you can do is develop a relationship/friendship with a local train shop owner. That way if a customer comes in wanting a custom paint job, you get a quick recomendation.

N

nachoman

That is some impressive work on there, Miles. Do you do much weathering of steamers or steam era equipment?

Kevin

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Yes, That's what I SPECIALIZE in. Wood Cars are my favorite thing to weather, and steamers are a VERY close second. If you're interested, feel free to PM me or e-mail me with an inquiry! :)

(which reminds me, I need to post some of my newest wooden cars up on my site! )