My New Track Plan. Comments?

Tackplan_Revised_image_Size.JPG

Era: early 1970s
Theme: Burlington Northern
Locale: Freelanced

There is a yard, we may put a small Hump in, we have 3 industry tracks, we will add a few Spurs to connect to a larger layout.

So, whaddya think?

Alexander

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I don't really see any way to put anything else into it. It's a pretty full track plan:thumb: :thumb:

What buildings do you plan to put in?

alexander said:
There is a yard, we may put a small Hump in, we have 3 industry tracks, we will add a few Spurs to connect to a larger layout.

And you said something about a yard and another part of the layout? Is that something you will be doing later on or is it already done??

TruckLover said:
I don't really see any way to put anything else into it. It's a pretty full track plan:thumb: :thumb:

What buildings do you plan to put in?

And you said something about a yard and another part of the layout? Is that something you will be doing later on or is it already done??

Yeah, im going to add 2 spurs to expand the layout later.

As for buildings, [dont laugh] mainly Lifelike, and those cheap buildings. I'm on a real budget, and i just dont have that much money. I will also look into Scratchbuilding some

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
If your trains run in a counter clockwise rotation, all of the switches are trailing point which will make it easy to switch. It might get boring after a while with no need to run around the train to get cars on the other end of the locomotive to shove them into a siding. The other question I have is why do you have the passing siding on the right end of the layout? You can't really run more than one train at a time on this layout, so the passing siding isn't needed, and by eliminating it, you could get a longer mainline run and either separate the industries a bit more or make the sidings a little longer to hold more cars.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
alexander said:
The Passing siding also serves as a run arounaround for the Yard.

Trains will run in both directions. I will have a track going off the layout to expand, and that will be the entrance/exit track

BTW, i also may run with 2 trains, one in the yard, and the other slowly circiling

If you have trains running in both directions, you don't have a run around track for the industry section. The passing siding would work, but it is a bit far from the industries to be convenient. You probably won't be able to work the yard with another train on the mainline because you don't have a yard lead. I think you will be fouling the main everytime you try to work the yard.

yeah, i'm prepeared to foul the main. If that happens, main line trains may be required to stop. It can only add fun to Operations, and if it doesnt, well i can always put the train on a Spur, etc.

The Passing siding is designed to serve as both the Passing Siding and Yard Lead too.

I'll have a little play around, see if i can make somthing for the Industrys, so they can be used from both directions.

Alex