My new toy

shamus

Registered Member
Hi all, been a while. nice to see some new members as well.

My new toy is a camera, the Canon 350D Rebel. Here's a few shots from this little beauty.

Shamus

cat67.jpg

cat77.jpg

cat78.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Wow Paul, not only the clearest shots I've ever seen, but the subject matter is outstanding. Typical of you work I might add.:thumb:

Eveything in the pics are sharp and in focus. Man, now I've got something else to be envious of you for, first your talent, now your camera...:D:D:D:D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
's been a fair decent length of time since your work's been here to enjoy, and a welcome sight it is!
Hope things are going well at all model railroads. I don't get much computer time any more, and spend most of it here, so I've been out of touch.
Your "new toy" seems up to the task of presenting your work, look forward to more pics when you can post 'em here.
You're missed here, good friend, you're missed here........
Pete

Pooh Bah
Hi Shamus. I spotted Model Railroading at the book store and said to my wife "I know who's modelling that is!". You have developed a distinctive look.

cabdriver

I've been trying to take some pics of our progress and have been frustrated with our camera's ability to focus on close up items (like model railroads). Somethings are in focus but other are way out. I'm impressed with the clarify of the whole field in your pictures. Nice pics.

cabdriver

By the way, Shamus, were those pics shot with or without flash, and in daylight or artificial light? Digital zoom or only optical zoom?

- Cabdriver

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks folks,

cabdriver said:
By the way, Shamus, were those pics shot with or without flash, and in daylight or artificial light? Digital zoom or only optical zoom?

- Cabdriver

The photos were all shot using Daylight Fluorescent Tubes with the camera set at f22 and a 5 second delay. standard 18-55mm lens.

Shamus

cat76.jpg

railohio

I can't believe I'm the first to ask this as an SLR is worthless without a lens...

What glass you get to go with it? :D

shamus

Registered Member
Hi and thanks again.

The lens which came with the camera is the 16-55mm I have just got the Cokin system to go with it as well, so I can use more filters and a X4 closeup lens.

Shamus

steamhead

Wow!!!
Great modeling, and pictures just as good to let us see it!! That's quite a logging operation going on-makes my back hurt just to see those guys swinging axes!
What's that little kettle steamer with the platform cab pulling that cut of cars?
I love it!!
Gus

shamus

Registered Member
Hi and many thanks once again.

If you pay my fare, ---LOL ---- I'll be over.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Gus, That little kettle steamer started out life as a Porter (Bachmann) 0-4-2. here's a better view of the critter.

Shamus
cat81.jpg

S 3/6

I would Shamus, but then my entire RR Budget would go to that!! Best of wishes and keep posing pics!