My new building

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
now comes the long winded part,glueing each plank one by one as I intend detailing the interior in the future so it inside and out , the interior planking is scribed boards,each cut with my saw to resemble individual planks Made a jig to do this , its on the left

Attachments

• new building 5.jpg
    new building 5.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 269

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
It is really neat to see the nice structures that can be made out of card stock, boxes, paper and wood siding as well as the styrene models. There is something about doing it yourself from the base materials to the finished paint that is extremely satisfying.

Very nice looking structure Jimmy, I like the custom wood siding that you made.

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Completed

Here is the finished building. the alterations made are for my own satifaction The roof comes off and the interior will be detailed at a later date when I decide what it will be used for. built it just because I liked it.

Attachments

• barn top.jpg
    barn top.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 181

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Jimmy,I just want to add my admiration for your structure,my friend. I can,t believe it you came back from holiday and sat down and finished it.Or maybe you took it with? LOL I guess all is well with your health?:D

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Thanks Patric..... Yep I took it with me, along with my box of wood glue and tools...my wife just shakes her head..I go for the Op on Monday(dont suppose they will allow me to work in bed..haha) but have started on the next one, also whilst away, just awaiting cladding

Attachments

• office bld hbrr.jpg
    office bld hbrr.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 165

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Super modelling there Jimmy. If this card scratchin spreads ... I can see the purveyors of plastic kits having a tough time in the future.

Best wishes for your medical treament friend ..... take your modelling kit with you to hospital and claim it's for theraputic reasons ... :) :D

Errol

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Jimmy, that is a beautiful building. The idea to plank the inside, so that you can detail it later, that's really clever. And it looks very realistic, too.

All the best for your op - be back right soon! We are waiting for more of your work! :)

Ron