My new BLI UP AC6000CW

CRed

COMBAT said:
Does this engine have sound?

I have two BLI engines and they are great. I found out that BLI uses the same lid boxes for all of their engines. Its the sticker that matters. Thats why I ask about the sound. :)

Yep,product#686 has sound.I have had three of them before and only got rid of them because I changed eras,they are really nice models!

Chris

CRed

jbaakko said:
AWESOME! Figures you'd get one while I was lookign for one.

Sorry Josh,I'm sure you'll find one soon.:thumb:

Are you looking for one in UP colors or would any road do?There's a couple CSX units up for bid on E-Bay.

The guy I bought this one from also had a SP unit,both with BIN's of $150.Needless to say they didn't last to long.:)

Chris

UP SD40-2

TruckLover said:
Deano, what number engine will that be when you get it?
WELL, it would be the 62nd engine on my roster;), but theres a show in Rockford on the weekend around the 25th:thumb:, so i am sure that unit will be higher then 62:D as i wont get it till April(i hope they don't move it back again:rolleyes:).

Chris, i checked out the pics of the second run UP units, looks like they will be EXACTLY like yours:thumb:. sadly, they DID NOT change the ditch light placement, but i can live with that;). :D -Deano

CRed

Strange,on their website they list the new UP's as having low ditchlights.Really though,even if they didn't they are beautiful engines and it doesn't bother me in the least.Here's hoping you get that beast soon Deano!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
UP SD40-2 said:
WELL, it would be the 62nd engine on my roster;), but theres a show in Rockford on the weekend around the 25th:thumb:, so i am sure that unit will be higher then 62:D as i wont get it till April(i hope they don't move it back again:rolleyes:).

jawdrop SWEET!!

oldtanker

Very nice looking unit there! Sounds like a good price too!

WELL, it would be the 62nd engine on my roster
sign1 thats all????? But I shouldn't talk, I don't even have my track yet and I have 14 engines (plus two more on the way) and don't even have track laid.....i have about enough cars to put 3 or 4 cars behind each engine.....:D .

Rick

I have 11 engines and 28 different cars...

Engines:
UP DD35 2X (Athearn)
UP 4-8-8-4 Big Boy (Rivarossi)
UP 0-8-0 USRA Switcher (IHC)
AT&SF 2-6-0 Switcher (Model Power)
GN EMD F7 A (Athearn)
GN EMD F7 B (Athearn)
GN EMD F3 A (Stewart/Kato)
GN EMD F3 B (Stewart/Kato)

Rolling stock:
GN Empire Builder passenger cars 6X (IHC)
GN Empire Builder Vista Dome (Rivarossi)
UP Passenger Cars 8X (IHC)
UP Coal Hoppers, individually numbered 4X (Unknown)
UP Caboose (Unknown)
About 8 or so random misc freight rolling stock from Life-Like and Model Power...

Soon to have:
UP Sugar Hopper 3X (InterMountain)
UP Flatcar (InterMountain)
UP 40' Hi-Cube Plug Door Boxcar 2X (Athearn)
UP Bulkhead Flatcar w/ Pipes (Athearn Genesis, but in RTR box)
UP 50' Yellow boxcar (Athearn)
UP 50' Burnt sienna boxcar (Athearn)
Misc. UP kits from Roundhouse and a few others.

Hehe...uhh...sorry for...er..."derailing" the thread...sign1

Bachmann Santa Fe GP40 DC
Bachmann Santa Fe GP40 DCC
Athearn Santa Fe SD45-2T DCC (sound)... shweeeetttt.
Athearn Southern Pacific SD45-2T DCC times 2 (very nice detail)

My next Loco's will be Union Pacific. That ought to cover everything that blows past this area. I think I will stick to the Athearns. They make a nice affordable product.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
i have sloer to the tune of 38 locomotives, and i'll probably beat 40 after this week's trainshow. if only i had somewhere to run it all!

CRed

What was this thread about?sign1

I have four engines...

Atlas Master UP Gold 8-40C w/sound

Kato BN SD70MAC

Tower 55 Northern Pacific ES44DC w/sound

And finally my BLI UP AC6000CW w/sound

I don't have many,but the quality is there!I may end up selling the Atlas UP,I only need one UP engine and I want an CN,CNW,CP or BNSF engine.

Chris

UP SD40-2

:wave: I REMEMBER!!!:wave: its about that AWESOME BLI AC6000 YOU HAVE!!!:thumb::thumb::D Cripes Chris, i cant help but to keep coming back to this thread to drool over the pics!:D after looking at the images of the one on there website, prototype pics of AC6000's, and your engine, i think i will only add a couple small things to mine when i get it;). if the ditch lights are in the same spot as yours, i doubt i will move them, i can live with where they are:thumb:. you have gotten a REAL STEAL there Chris:thumb:, your lucky, and GLAD you like it!:thumb: :D -Deano

CRed

UP SD40-2 said:
:wave: I REMEMBER!!!:wave: its about that AWESOME BLI AC6000 YOU HAVE!!!:thumb::thumb::D Cripes Chris, i cant help but to keep coming back to this thread to drool over the pics!:D after looking at the images of the one on there website, prototype pics of AC6000's, and your engine, i think i will only add a couple small things to mine when i get it;). if the ditch lights are in the same spot as yours, i doubt i will move them, i can live with where they are:thumb:. you have gotten a REAL STEAL there Chris:thumb:, your lucky, and GLAD you like it!:thumb: :D -Deano

Hehe,I do the same thing as I don't want to take it in and out of the box and end up breaking it,it looks much better in person though.Yeah,I'm not doing nothing to mine,it's perfectly fine for my needs and I certainly wouldn't mess with the ditchlights.I guess some engines had the GPS dome and from my research apparently there's a few minor details that aren't quite prototypical,but nothing that would stop me from liking it.The important thing for me is how it runs and sounds,but it looks great anyways if you ask me.I think it's a steal also considering what people are paying for other models.Hopefully you'll get yours soon and post some pictures of it.

Chris

jbaakko

I'm looking for an Undec or UP version with sound & DCC. I'll get one soon enough, its taken me almost a year to snag a RPP SD90/43MAC with passive bidding on eBay.

CRed

Well if I see one I'll certainly let you know,I'm always looking on E-Bay for good deals!

Here's a photo of the MANY engines I ownsign1...

tn_Chris005_filtered.jpg

One of the UP engines is probably going to have to go,guess which one?:D

Chris

CRed

Spawn of Chaos said:
I'll take it I'll take it!

I dunno the value, so don't be offended...

$50? $100? I can't go any higher, so...

No offense taken,but I'd probably have to get around $160 shipped for it since that's how much I paid for it.

Chris