My N scale layout & scratchbuilt stuff

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
double the size!

Insted of buying 2 walthers northern power, I connected both wall sections and used blank styrene for the back wall. I had alot of trouble doing the roof though. Size was bigger than standard styrene. Hopefully painting it black took focus away from it. chalk weathering.

Attachments

• powerplant.jpg
    powerplant.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 173

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Unusual scratchbuilding idea.

This N scale scrap building is made from the roof vents of an HO walthers rolling mill and some scrap styrene. sorry bad pic.

Attachments

• odonnell.jpg
    odonnell.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 166

CN1

May 6, 2003
Nicely done!:thumb:

I like the way you "kitbash" to get the desired result. Very nice

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Re: making it up...

Originally posted by csxengineer
...Looks 0% like prototype, yet works for me.
How can you say that? With about one gazillion different buildings in this world, I don't care what you kitbash, it will always look prototypical And remember, if after you've looked at them all and you don't find a building it could look like, there are always other worlds out there.:eek: :eek:

I vote that these are good looking buildings and could easily be 100% protoypical. I like you ideas too...:wave: :wave:

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
Nice pictures. I particularly like the way you are modeling the landscape in the third picture. It provides a good setting for trains. It seems that the goal of many model railroaders is to fill all the empty space on their layout with track. :thumb: :thumb:
George

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi CSX, it really looks great, you have some nice looking structures on your layout.
Shamus