My N Layout v.2

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
Ok here we go. My last layout attemt didnt get far since I decided i didnt really like the plan , but now I put together another trackplan which I think is alot better.

Heres some info organized pretty much the same way as last time.

Name: Still Undecided
Scale: N
Size: 3' x 6'
Track: Atlas code 80 with remote turnouts
Curves: Minimum 9.75" Mostly 11" and some 19"
Power: MRC Tech 4 Model 260
Motive Power: Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation in UP colors
Industries: Interchange, Team Track, Tool Shop, Furniture Factory
Time Period: 1890's
Season: Fall
Trackplan:
untitled-1.jpg

I still need to get 8 more switches since i need 10 but only have 2. But i will begin construction sometime later today and try to build as much as i can with the limited number of switches i will have. Im going out today to buy some rolling stock, switches and any other things i may need.

Now for questions:
1. I ran my 2-8-0 around a circle of 11" track and it seemed to fit it well and i just put it down on a 9.75" curve. But just in case, will my loco have any trouble on those curves. I dont plan on going any bigger than 40' with my rolling stock.
2. How should i wire this thing, specifically the area around the turntable? The different colors of track on the plan show my electrical blocks but any advice/fixes will help.

Well thats it for now. Any advice you gus have will be greatly appreciated.
And now im off to go buy rolling stock and other supplies.:D

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
oh christ you gotta be kidding me!!!! :curse::curse::curse:

once again change of plans (literally)
i realized that the whole "giant layout under your bed" is a stupid idea. it will end up breaking from being moved around all the time and i cant even pull it out all the way out from under the bed, even if i leave myself no room to walk around.

so for now ignore this thread too. i will get back to the drawing board and sketch up a new plan :rolleyes: which will basically be a big shelf running around the walls of my room.
so as not to waste your time i will post any plans and ideas in the track planning section. ONCE i get a plan that i am 100% positive i will build and only after i get started on it will i make a thread here.

sorry guys.:eek:ops: