My Models (Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gomidefilho, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Hello friends!

After seeing mentioned me sometimes in this excellent forum I decided to show a little of my work and of my models and to share with you.

In general project my models starting from extracted meshes of video games or detached meshes and of free use that encounter in the internet.

I will post the comment and the picture of each one

My newer model is Romulan Warbird Caracel class a remake of the classic "bird" of the era TOS thinking how a war bird would be at that time of the films Star Trek 1,2,3...:-D

The model is original of a mod for the game Star Fleet Command III has few pieces and it is easy of being built...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scale 1/1000

Another interesting model is the Cruiser Klingon D-4 Class, an ancestral of the famous family D-7/K'tinga, this design is original of Masao Okazaki's excellent work with his Starfleet Museum http://www.starfleet-museum.org/ . D-4 according to his argument was one of the largest ships of combat of the century XXII but as most of the things klingon didn't work right, but the ship is very interesting and the model believes very entertaining of being done, the most complicated pieces are the head and the naceles...

As I made that model does time don't remind from where got the meshe...:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scale 1/1000

I already listened of several people that my NX was the first model in paper avaliable in the internet, I consider him a model quite difficult of why being built when I projected it was not thinking in distributing it, but he is available and a lot of people likes of him, although I think my friend's models and compatriot Clever Santoro are much better. The model is of a mod for the Bridge Commander and I advise calm in the hour of building... :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scale 1/1000

Several models of Enterprise exist among them the excellent and big model of Ron Caudillo of the original ship, however he always wanted to have an enterprise in the scale 1/1000, for that I decided to do my own one. I consider that a model easy to do in spite of the big number of pieces the only defect is that the neck needs to be reinforced in the union of the section disk for not feathering. The model is original of a mod for Star Fleet Command III.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scale 1/1000

More pictures and information in:

http://vickvipper.spaces.live.com

Downloads:

http://paperinside.com/pericles

Best regards from Brazil!

And sorry for a long post...:-D
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Wow!! Very nice! I especially like the Romulan ship!!!

I've been a huge Star Trek nerd for as long as I can remember. Those look great!
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

These are terrific! Looking at the plain enterprise, I remember the 1st release of the enterprise model, just plain ole ncc 1701 from amt, had the lighted top and bottom disc and nothing fit properly, but I saved up my 3.00 and forgot the state tax and had to wait an extra week to buy it, sure brings back memories!
  4. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Hehehe!:grin:

That subject of the adjustment of the disk to be a badly of all of the models of Enterprise that I saw already, my solution went to glue the inferior face of the disk in the nacele and to apply a layer of cianocrilat glue for critalize the paper and to impede that the folds of the tabs began to tire and the weight of the disk ended up making to give in with the time.:wink:

Thank you very much for the praises!:grin:
  5. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

I also liked a lot Romulan Warbird , I have the habit of when it projects a model to build it then I have fun in seeing taking form. I am very happy that you have liked... :grin: :wink:
  6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

The Enterprise is a hard model to build from any medium. It was definitely not designed with modelling in mind. The engines and primary hull are so heavy and attached at such small spots.

Kinda makes me wonder if when they designed the D and beyond, they weren't thinking more of that market...
  7. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

With certainty! Especially because the drawing of Enterprise dates from the sixties a time that the models of plastic were still crawling and the science fiction models were almost inexistent. Besides if I don't make a mistake AMT threw Enterprise firstly still in plastic in the decade of 60 and that many were used in TV series original as an economical measure with models.

Enterprise D is a model that I consider difficult to reproduce in paper, is in my projects do her scale 1/1000 but the shape with curved formats and the hull with format ellipsoid complicate a little the things to mine to see, so much that few models of paper of Galaxy Class exist...:(
  8. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hello Péricles ~ good to see you here! You've got some excellent models that I'm looking forward to building..
    :-D :-D
  9. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hello Péricles ~ good to see you here! You've got some excellent models that I'm looking forward to building..
    :-D :-D
  10. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Gearz thank you very much!!!

The pleasure is mine! Now I will use that excellent forum to publish the new models...:grin:

OBRIGADO!!!!!!!:grin:
  11. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Gearz thank you very much!!!

The pleasure is mine! Now I will use that excellent forum to publish the new models...:grin:

OBRIGADO!!!!!!!:grin: