My Layout...

dr.5euss

Sep 5, 2005
Birmingham, England
Okay, thought I'd start a thread where I can keep everything in one place :thumb:

Couple of months ago (at least I think it was), I was modelling the desert. The trouble is, I couldn't really get my head round the foliage side...you try modelling small desert scrub in N scale :D

I'd also just started reading Model Railroader, and wanted to go for a classic Model Railroad layout (minus the high flying businessman filling his basement with track ;) ). So the Midwest seemed a good bet.

I painted the orangey desert white, then got some Woodland Scenics grey paint and put that on the white. It was too dark, so I added some white emulsion to it and it turned out okay.

Then I 'converted' the rest of the layout, and ran some trains. This is where the problems started :cry:If I was sat at the end of the 17ft L, I couldn't see wht was going on at the other end. So I've decided to shorten it to around 11ft. It's basically a loop with a passing loop, and two sidings coming off the passing loop - nice and simple :thumb:

I'll post some random photos later, starting with how it was desert, to how it went Midwestern:

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If I was sat at the end of the 17ft L, I couldn't see wht was going on at the other end.
That sounds like a plus to me. Almost everyone wants a layout that looks large, and having it not all visible from one point is a good way to help that. Unless, of course, you have only one fixed control panel...