My layout

Tap

hey all,
new here, i was previousely on another site but i soon realised that there wasn't alot of people registered and the forums were very boring. Hope its not like that here!

so i started building myself a MODular layout, for now it is 2x8 and in the near future i want to expand it to something bigger.

so here are some basic pics of the benchwork and track

IMGP0905.jpg

IMGP0919.jpg

i finished putting the track on the roadbed yesterday and im now proceeding with the painting/weathering of the track.

hope you like it.
tap

doctorwayne

Welcome to the Gauge: I hope we can keep you interested. Nice looking start to your layout. That track arrangement should give you lots of switching possibilities. Are you planning to use switch machines for turnout control or ground throws? Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Wayne

Tap

i already purchased one cabboose industries hand powered throw, after placin it, if i like it i migh use it for all the switches that are easy of reach. he rest will be either atlas snap switches or something like tortoise. This is going to be for dcc. right now i am preparing my engines, (i am modelling in the transition era, in canada, so CN CP and GTW)

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Hi Tap,

Welcome to The Gauge!

Nice work on those modules. We have a modular forum here (see the link in my signature, but please feel free to post wherever you think is good - I assume you are in HO?). There is a Helpful Links post at the top of the list which is a great resource.

Great pics - keep us up to date!

Andrew