My latest creation

65GASSER

This is what you get when your home sick drinking nyquil.

GP40 gets a new cab. Not sure of the make on the cab. Any one know? It has CN Replicas stamped inside of it. I'm thinking about using a different shell for it since this one has a few broken places.

Attachments

• SP1.JPG
    SP1.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 354
  • SP2.JPG
    SP2.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 344
  • SP3.JPG
    SP3.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 341
  • SP4.JPG
    SP4.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 342
  • SP5.JPG
    SP5.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 328

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hey that looks pretty cool so far:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like that cab on there better than the original.

65GASSER

Is that what it would be? I thought I had seen something like it before but wasn't sure. Whatever it is, its going to get a coat of Jenks Blue next week! :D If I could just find that dang front door now. :curse:

Yep, there are indeed wide-cab GP60Ms-- They all belong to ATSF and they had been "Bunsuf"ed.

The BNSF GP60Ms have a wide cab similar to the ones on the SD70MAC (appearance similar to that of the DDA40X).

ATSF crews loved the spartan-cab GP60 but hated the GP60M.. The big wide-nose cab made the M front-heavy and the Blomberg trucks' suspension couldn't handle it, so the GP60Ms had a very rough ride.

shaygetz

Nyquil, eh? Imagine the possibilties with Robotussin....

Hope you don't start a cross boarder shootin' war with our Canadian brethren fer hackin' up one of their own:D :D

Look forward to seein' it finished.:thumb:

Gasser "works in a scrap yard that accepts all UP's runaway units" like the 9 units that "got away from them" a few months ago.sign1 And there was a CN unit in that consist.:thumb:

65GASSER

shaygetz said:
Nyquil, eh? Imagine the possibilties with Robotussin....

Hope you don't start a cross boarder shootin' war with our Canadian brethren fer hackin' up one of their own:D :D

Look forward to seein' it finished.:thumb:

I don't feel too bad about it. I got th ecab in a lot of parts off ebay. :D

I hope I can find the door off the front or at least a replacment! :cry: It was on and I accidently popped it off.

Thanks for the link Tom! I was just googling them. :D

65GASSER

Thoroughbreed said:
Gasser "works in a scrap yard that accepts all UP's runaway units" like the 9 units that "got away from them" a few months ago.sign1 And there was a CN unit in that consist.:thumb:

sign1 Thats the best place to work!

doctorwayne

shaygetz said:

Naw, we're just pleased to see the Safety Cab so widely accepted.:thumb:
And as far as shootin' goes, nobody up here can afford to take any time off work to go shootin', as we're all too busy trying to pay for our government's 2 billion dollar "gun registry".:cry:
Oh, Canada, we stand unarmed for thee...:rolleyes:

Wayne

65GASSER

Heres a updated pic of what it looks like now. I couldn't find a door for the front but my LHS had a great 3 piece photo etched brass unit. That was pain to get put together but looks great now.

Attachments

• MP1.JPG
    MP1.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 204
  • MP3.JPG
    MP3.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 202
  • MP2.JPG
    MP2.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 202

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW, what a transformation, I have to say, that looks FANTASTIC and I would have never guessed that you didn't buy it like that!!

Great Job:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Fantastic fantasy unit! :D

How about that.. A Mopac GP60LW. Cool!

For your next assignment, you need to kitbash a MoPac DDAF90MACT-2. sign1sign1sign1

65GASSER

I wish I could post bigger pictures. I think it turned out well considering it came to be from a shell and a cab that was in my junk box. Handrails from a GP40-2 that were bent and ran differently on the front. It still lacks some detail work and the nose stripes need touching up. Thanks guys! :wave:

65GASSER

LongIslandTom said:
Fantastic fantasy unit! :D

How about that.. A Mopac GP60LW. Cool!

For your next assignment, you need to kitbash a MoPac DDAF90MACT-2. =

Show me a pic of one and I'll see what I can do! :D On vacation allll week! :thumb:

LOL, no photo exists, because that's a fantasy unit! :D

DDA = 4-axle trucks A-unit (has control cab), like the DDA40X.
F = full-width cowl carbody like on the F45.
90 = EMD 90-series
MAC = wide-nose cab, AC traction motors
T = Tunnel-motor radiator section
-2 = Dash-2 thrown in for yuks.

sign1

Put all that together, and you got a DDAF90MACT-2. bounce7