My latest bash (4 pics)

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Just sharing...

It's a Tyco kit I picked up at a trade show for 5 bucks. Very fun to build, because the instructions were missing!

I felt it needed to be higher so I added a foundation.

auo.sized.jpg

aut.sized.jpg

aup.sized.jpg

aul.sized.jpg

CHEERS!

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
(Sound of hand slapping head) Why can't I find deals like that!!! That kit looks great!!! $5 - $5 - $5 arrgghhhh...that's just too good of a deal and you made it look great. (Oh, I sorta wrote that already...sorry...my head still reeling from that hand slap). Really nice looking building and all the detailing looks terrific!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
WOW!!:eek: OUTSTANDING JOB KYLE!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: GREAT looking building:thumb:.:D -Deano

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Biased turkey said:
Very impressive, congratulations EngineerKyle.
I like the weathering and ... the missing tiles.
Is it a diorama, or will you add that section to your layout ?

No, it sits on the layout... in fact, the picture with the lights on are as it sits by the tracks.

Truck,

I think those lumber stacks are from Atlas. Somebody was selling them at the GV train Show in little zip lock bags for .50 a set. I cleaner her out of them.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
EngineerKyle said:
Truck,

I think those lumber stacks are from Atlas. Somebody was selling them at the GV train Show in little zip lock bags for .50 a set. I cleaner her out of them.

:eek: $.50 a set, looks like you scored :thumb: :D

Thanks for the reply, need to get me some of those

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Great looking scene,Kyle. :thumb: :thumb: How did you manage to make the multiple exposures in your second shot? That's a technique that I sometimes used with a film camera, but I don't think that my digital camera has that capability.

Wayne

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
doctorwayne said:
Great looking scene,Kyle. :thumb: :thumb: How did you manage to make the multiple exposures in your second shot? That's a technique that I sometimes used with a film camera, but I don't think that my digital camera has that capability.

Wayne

Wayne,

Maybe your camera DOES have the capability. Mine's a Canon A540 and has a manual mode. I use the manual mode often for low light scenes. This means I can still approach the depth of field needed and get some rich colors and glowing interior lights.

The shudder is typically open for 5 seconds or more, and I put the camera on a tripod.

For the shot you speak of, I tripped the shutter, (the camera has a delay so you won't get a shake when snapping it ) as the train was idle. After a second or two, I ran the train about six inches, and stopped it. Then the shutter closed.

I like the results too, but it is so much trial and error! Here is another shot with similar results;

ara.sized.jpg

CHEERS!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Wayne,

It's a timed exposure, not a double exposure. And I have the same conundrum. Double exposure was easy with the film camera (Konica) but not with digital (Canon). I think the only way to do it with digital is to Photoshop the two images together after the fact. Not quite as "magical" :( ;)

The timed (long) exposure is doable with most digitals that have more than just a point and shoot capability as Kyle described above.

Andrew

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
You're probably right that my camera can duplicate that. I thought that it was a true multiple exposure, where you photograph sometimes unrelated scenes on the same frame. :) Nice effect, nevertheless.:thumb:

Wayne