My Last Post

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear of your health problems. I hope your well soon. I'm a relative newcomer to the gauge, but I've really enjoyed your modeling and posts as well as your "How to build a Model Railroad" cd. Get well soon, Paul. We miss you.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Paul, Thanks for all the inspiration and Knowledge you have shared,I wish you well with your health and hope to see you return 1 day soon.You are a legend in your own time and have done a great service to this wonderful hobby.I salut you!!
And in the words of another legend named paul,
" Now where did i park my Ox" :D

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Paul..There is not much that I can say that hasn't been said already, but I do wish you the best and pray for a speedy recovery for you.
You've been a great inspiration for me as well and you'll be sorely missed!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Paul, my friend, I am deeply saddened to hear that you have serious problems with your health. I wish you and your family lots of power, faith and optimism for a complete recovery.

Your name 'Shamus' was and is a synonym for excellent craftsmanship, well-done research, love for details without being nit-picky, and just plain fantastic model railroading. But most of all, you are a symbol for a good friend who gives away the secrets of his expertise to everybody without hesitation - just to make this our hobby still a bit greater than it already is. You gave us all so much, so thank you, Paul!

We all long eagerly for the day when you'll return to our forum with renewed strength. Take care and come back soon!

Ron

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
First I want to thank you Shamus for the wonderful job you have done as a moderator. You will be missed but we are pleased you will be visiting from time to time.
Please take good care of yourself. Our prayers will be there with hope of speedy recovery for you my friend.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Its been a pleasure to have you as a moderator Paul. Thanks for sharing your creativity and expertise, and for being so encouraging of all of us. Best wishes!
Ralph

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Paul,

Boy, miss reading the board for a while and look what I come back too. I echo everyone else's sentiments. Take care and get well. I too will miss you and your pearls of wisdom in the modeling world.

Greg Elems

jimnrose

Feb 1, 2001
Orleans Ma. USA
Visit site
Paul, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and hope you get well real soon. Your efforts on the Guage have been an enlightment to all of us. We all have a goal to emulate your skills and insight.
Take care, Jim

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Paul My Friend, What depressing news, but Job Well Done as moderator!!! I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and hopes for improvement of your health!

BTW....Don't be too surprised if The Robber Barrons pay you a visit!:D

Take Care My Friend:)

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Paul are thoughts and prayers are with you for a full recovery. You will be dearly missed by all. Thanks for all you shared. Please drop by now and again and let us know how your doing.

Ron :) :)

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Great memories

Hey Paul, I knew from your first "taking a rest message " that you sounded off your game.I know what its like to deal with illness since my mom and dad are both sick,Cancer and a stroke both were devistating.Since their illness came only months apart it was good to be able to talk about it,lest I break down. I hope in your case it's something you can come back from.I've appreciated your fine work for several years and hope to see it again in the future, get well soon!!!!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Paul,
A day without shamus on the gauge is like a day without sunshine. Like sunshine, we all begin to take for granted that you would always be here. Your regular prescence will be missed.
We cannot bring our yesterdays back, and make changes. They are done and over. There's nothing "in the contract" that guarantees tomorrow. We can plan for it, but we can't be sure it will come. There's only today, and we have to make the best of what we have. So, make the best of your todays, and if that ocassionally includes a short trip to the gauge, you'll make a bunch of friends happy that you dropped by for a visit. Even when you're not here, you'll be in our thoughts, and in our prayers.
Fair winds and following seas, and a safe harbor at the end of each day's journey.
Pete