My Imcold's X-Wing

RagDaddy

Jan 7, 2011
Ireland
Here's the latest progress, if you notice I now have little blanks (or fillets) that open when the wings open

8fc6513e.jpg

More Detail shots

5c140909.jpg

dnalor

Oct 28, 2011
Belgium Europe
you should have had to build the engines complete before attaching to the wing..
I thought a long time about it..
And for me that was the easiest way..

RagDaddy

Jan 7, 2011
Ireland
I have large toothpicks going into the back of the engine to which the exhausts attach. Thought it might be easier this way without the nozzles getting damaged. Also when all 4 are complete it'll be easier to line them all up.:mrgreen:

megapanda

Sep 11, 2012
one word : beautifull
i m not enough skilled to make one like that for the moment
great job !!

dnalor

Oct 28, 2011
Belgium Europe
ah ok...
my nozzles were plastic pipes, so very rigid...
I think when they are complete paper it's another story.

But it looks great.:)

Z

Zathros

Looking good there. It's great how different techniques can be used to make the same thing. Excellent workmanship! :)

RagDaddy

Jan 7, 2011
Ireland
Hi all, Finally got back to working on the model! Real life work can interfere with the important thing in life!

Anyway 2 new photos, Finally mounted the wings, and finished the 4 engines and mounted these also

DSCN1130_zps84be4659.jpg

DSCN1132_zpsb1873ad7.jpg

Not my neatest work, but tiredness etc has an impact. When I'm finished I might revisit the engines and redo them!!

Z

Zathros

Looks really really good! Greebling would add much, but it does look good! :)

dnalor

Oct 28, 2011
Belgium Europe
Can't you greeble or recolor the engine's?..
Maybe you can mask the little errors..

But for your size i like them a lot....place the x wing how you want to show him on his stand...i think you don't see those errors anymore..

With the pictures you show the erros very large...but in real life...they are almost not visible (i think)...i would try some recollering.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
This looks GREAT!!! I have to agree, that greebles to add that extra punch to any model.
If you can, add all the greebles that you can. I guaranty that you will like the outcome.

RagDaddy

Jan 7, 2011
Ireland
Thanks guys, they don't look as bad in the cold light of day, but there is one that I definitely have to redo, it's a bit wonky!! It's the one in the foreground, and is actually backwards!!!!

Yes, greebles will add to it, and they are definitely on the list!!

dnalor

Oct 28, 2011
Belgium Europe
JUST GREAT...

it's still one of the best papercraft x wing's you can find on the world.

And this one is perfectly build.

RagDaddy

Jan 7, 2011
Ireland
Thanks dnalor! you gave me great advice throughout.:thumb:

My kids seem to agree with you, they seem to just want to get their hands on it! Well, one is named Luke, so he probably thinks he has a claim to it!!!sign1

Z

Zathros

Dude, this is awesome!! Excellent job! You should be very proud of yourself, not in a vain way, but is a job well done way, you deserve it! :)