My Imcold's X-wing build

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
After long pause I am working again on this one. Feels good :). Working on last two engines, so I will not post all the same photos again :).

GREAT!!!
I am glad to see that you are returning to this project again!
I am looking forward to seeing this come to fruition and see how this will turn out.

Reactions: bigpetr

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Thank you very much Rhaven,
this model WILL be finished for sure and I hope it will be done before UHU02 finishes Falcon Cockpit, so I can jump right to that:).

X-wing is my primary build since I started it and I will not start another build before it is finished. So I never realy abandon it or stop working at it completly. Lastly I just got sidetracked by X-wing pilot (I want him to stand on X-wing stand).20170118225116-303993-v.jpg 20170118225117-303994-v.jpg
It was first try, completly from paper. To stiff looking for my liking. Now working on another version, much better (not 100% paper). You will see.:)

Enthusiasm and motivation to make paper models are like sinus wave for me. When at low point I do not build physicaly, because I have no joy from it. At that time I work on it in computer - designing addons, research reference or gathering best models and reference for my future Star Wars projects (tie-fighter, y-wing, falcon, snowspeeder, at-st). But it is only matter of time when sinus wave gets to its hign point. Nothing pressures me, no deadlines to fulfill:).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Figurines, the final touch that adds scale and facilitates realization of the subject at hand. :)

Reactions: bigpetr

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Another part done.
I Added little detail to joystik,
1 B.jpg
added targeting computer and back canopy,
2 B.jpg

and finally completed front canopy and mount it on fuselage.
4 B.jpg
3 B.jpg

It was not easy for me. I try to dry fit parts million times and made adjustments. It required to modify fuselage around cockpit to fit nicely, because I did not dry fitted canopy when making fuselage (beginners mistake, lesson learned). It is not perfect. It was not possible to correct completely without massive fuselage makeover but I did what I can
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Bigptr, I uploaded your pictures directly to the forum. Please do so from now on (hopefully, it won't breakdown again!) but this ensures the thread always has pictures. ;) (Fantastic work, you know those engines will burn up when you start them, they are paper, aren't they, or are they some secret ceramic? ")

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Another part done.
I Added little detail to joystik,
View attachment 157966
added targeting computer and back canopy,
View attachment 157967

and finally completed front canopy and mount it on fuselage.
View attachment 157969
View attachment 157968

It was not easy for me. I try to dry fit parts million times and made adjustments. It required to modify fuselage around cockpit to fit nicely, because I did not dry fitted canopy when making fuselage (beginners mistake, lesson learned). It is not perfect. It was not possible to correct completely without massive fuselage makeover but I did what I can
smile.gif

That cockpit is INCREDIBLE!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: W-O-W!! :surprise: Love the detail.:Bravo:Claphands:Drinks::King:thumbsup

One of those "I can't believe that it's paper" moments.:surprise::surprise::surprise:

Thanks for sharing!:Drinks:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
The amount of detail that you have put (and are putting) into this model is ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING!!!
I am really looking forward to seeing how this will turn out!

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Thank you all:).

Bigptr, I uploaded your pictures directly to the forum.

Thanky you for that Zathros, you could just point it at me and I would do it myself. I uploaded images until forum problems. Since it was only posibility to post image links so I did it again automaticly without thinking. Forum is healty again now:).

Reactions: zathros