My HO Layout in Toronto Canada

thermal

Nov 22, 2006
Hello y'all, I have more than one favourite road as you can see by my photo album. My fav Canadian RR is CPR/DAR and I switch my model stock around quite often. My fav USA RRs are D&H with it's Montreal connection and the GM&O that served Cairo IL a favourite place of mine, a great Civil War town situated at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers. I am planning to model the art deco GM&O station there. I'm having problems with a dry apt. and have no way to control my heat; hence the curled roofs. The stockyard is scratch, the dock is Northeastern. d
He is the link to my photos: http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/redastro/HO%20LAYOUT%202007/

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
nice layout man.i have yet to build my layout :( but otherwise your layout looks great,could you post a trackplan so we may get an idea of the scenery and what you got.hope too see more soon.--josh

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
Thermal, your layout is looking good. you've got some great scenery, no. 19 is one handsome diesel, but what I really like is the stockyards! That building is rustic and realistic, I love it----nice job---John

thermal

Nov 22, 2006
MasonJar said:
Is the steamer a Bachmann Spectrum 10-wheeler?

Andrew

Yes, I have two low boiler Spectrum 4-6-0s that I added The DAR Land of Evangeline marks to and numbered them 32 & 33. They are a pretty good match to pics I have seen of the prototype. The high boiler 4-6-0 on the turntable really doesn't match a real DAR locomotive and DAR never had a number 46. I think they had a 4-6-0 numbered 44 which was a D-4 . I added lead weight in the tenders in alll cases. Thanks for asking.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Welcome to the Gauge Thermal! :wave:

You've got a nice layout there - I really like all the urban scenes, I'm a big fan of urban myself. I see you're in Toronto - so am I. What part of the city are you in? I'm in the west end - Etobicoke actually.

Val

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Thermal
That's some nice modeling.
My empire is in an unheated garage so I have a bit of a warp problem too. What I did with some of the larger roofs is glue pieces of old brass {or steel}rail on the underside.

thermal

Nov 22, 2006
Thank you for the anti-warp ideas. You are in the best place on the globe Relic, I started my life journey in Nova Scotia.That was in Yarmouth County. It has been a slow jorurney with a 26 year stop in Montreal before I got to my present home in Toronto/North York. I keep looking east.