My half finished tram

Sempak

This is the Melbourne B2 class Light Rail Vehicle I've been working on, more commonly known as a "double tram" or "long tram". :D

It's a whitemetal kit that I've glued together and it's just received its first coat of primer. The body is constructed and i put the Bowser mech in to see how it ran, it runs goooood. Nice and smooth. The front bogie drives with the option for 3 bogie pick up but I'm only using two since the middle one is hard to connect pickups to due to the articulated bit.

Once I've borrowed the compressor the builders in our back yard are using I'll put on the last few coats of paint. Primer... Yellow... Green... Details... Decals... Top Coat Urgh!

Attachments

• IMG_2000.JPG
    IMG_2000.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2004.JPG
    IMG_2004.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 138

Sempak

It runs on HO gauge track although...

In my part of Australia all of the electric heavy rail/EMU's as well as most of the freight and interstate passenger traffic runs on broad gauge track of 5'6" while the trams run down the middle of the streets on standard gauge track of 4'8.5" So if I ever have a layout where my trams run near some standard rail traffic then their tracks will to too 'wide'.

Woodie

**ding ding** GERD DJEEEEEEEEEERRRRR **ding ding**

Does I make a good tram, Sempak? :cool: :D

**ding ding** !!

Sempak

Depends... if that noise in the middle was a connie, well theyve been gone for a long time. :cry:

On the other hand... if it was the sound of the wheels sqeaking on sub standard track then you're right on! :D

Would you beleive some of the new ones have a horn!?!?!