My Future Milwaukee Road Iowa Division Layout

viperman

For what you're getting, I guess thats not a bad deal, but dang I can not afford that! Maybe eventually I will

Right now I have my motive power figured out and the bay window caboose fleet figured out,now I am putting together my freight car fleet I want,no more than 80-85 cars on the layout.

Miles,That will be great,I can't wait to see the track plan.I will need space for the motive power and cabooses.I'm sure I will figure out what to do with the industrial spurs,it will give the layout plenty of operation including mainline running.

Getting the freight car fleet worked out,hopefully that will be done in a day or two.Haven't got any of the cars yet,just figuring out the number of cars I will need for the layout.Looks like around the same amount I said earlier.The searchlight signals will look something like this photo from Signalogic but with a single head.

Attachments

• ctc3.jpg
    ctc3.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 5
I am going to have 3 or 4 of these perched in the trees along the Mississippi River on my layout,working on finishing the freight car fleet for my future layout.I am also using the Milwaukee Road chevron switch stands on the layout for the industries on the entrance to the yard.

Attachments

• iceeagle.jpeg
    iceeagle.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 669e.jpg
    669e.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 142

viperman

Although I have never seen them myself, I've heard that the bald eagles like the area along the Illinois River, specifically around Starved Rock

That is correct,they are also along the Missouri River near De Soto Bend in Iowa,Council Bluffs up to Sioux City.I'll post the updated track plan when it's finished.

I am looking to add another pair of the griswold crossing signals with gates with the "A" frame gate arms from Signalogic.Hope to have the freight car fleet figured out sometime today or tomorrow.

Freight car fleet is almost done,should be done by this weekend,t will total no more than 90 cars.I will have 5 bay window cabooses,6 SD40-2's and 4 MP15AC's for a total of 12 engines on the layout so I can use everything I get in the future on the layout.No final track plan yet,soon I hope will post as I get it.

I am changing the era on the future Milwaukee Road layout and having go through the current time as if the Milwaukee Road never went bankrupt,and rebuilt all of it's equipment,cabooses will still run on the layout and the color scheme will remain the same.

I have just about got the freight car fleet worked out,I have decided to model the era from 1979-the present as if the Milwaukee Road rebuilt the entire Iowa Division with 132 pound rail and was well off fiancially.I have gotten a lot of good feed back about the 2nd plan,it originally was going to be double track back when the Rock Island was going to be included,but the Milwaukee Road will be the only railroad included on the layout.The changes I would like to make to the plan are single track instead of double track and show the yard tracks for the yards,8 tracks for the 1st yard and 6 tracks for the 2nd and 3rd yard.If someone would be willing to redraw the plan with these changes I would greatly appreciate it.The branch line and the industries will stay the same,and I need tracks for the motive power and a caboose track for my cabooses,I plan on having 4-5 bay window cabooses.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank You.The radius will still be 30" and the size will be 24'X24',not 25'x25'.Every thing else will remain the same.

Attachments

• sc_trackplan_mod.jpg
    sc_trackplan_mod.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 11
I would like to put the bridge at the top since it will be 14' long and then where the bridge is in this photo put the branch line and the industrial spurs where the bridge is in the photo.The river will also go at the top.I will have an update this weekend,any replies will be appreciated.