My Freight Train Pics

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
CRed said:
Hmm,only $25 less then what I paid for my Tower55.Whether you can tell the difference or not,the sound in the Tower55 units is more expensive and supposedly better then the QSI so that raises the price and also the brass details are really nice and raise the price.You may not be able to tell the difference just looking at it,but it's not nearly as delicate as the plastic railings on my BLI DM&IR which are falling apart already with hardly any handling.

Just wondering,but are all the details already on that engine?

Oh,and no problem with the pictures

Chris
The tower55 units have brass railings, grab irons, and misc detail parts. Thats the only thing I didnt like about the units. Nothing to do to them but run them:D

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Yeah I really like the brass details and not having to install anything.It sure makes it easier for me,my eyes and hands aren't what they used to be when I use to do models quite a bit in my younger days;).

Chris

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
sign1 I was looking at mine earlier and noticed the mu hose wasn't in the hanger and tried to put it in it. Needless to say, I pulled the hanger loose to do this and dropped the little booger on the floor. I spent at least an hour looking for it. When it was finally found, I said it wasn't worth messing with and just put it back on.:thumb:

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Again, nice equipment, but I will save the money. The only way I would go with them is if there was a performance difference. Hey, thats why there are different companies out there. :)

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
My reason for buying the units from tower55 is this:
The paint scheme will never be done again, thanks to UP sign1 , and the units are not available from any other manufacturer right now. The detailing of the units is picture perfect, as is the paint.:thumb:

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Thoroughbreed said:
My reason for buying the units from tower55 is this:
The paint scheme will never be done again, thanks to UP sign1 , and the units are not available from any other manufacturer right now. The detailing of the units is picture perfect, as is the paint.:thumb:

Yep,it was worth the extra money just for the NP scheme for me.I still think they should have used gold instead of yellow on it,but that's UP's influence again.

Still,nothing wrong with those Atlas engines.If I wanted a SD70MAC or something I'd buy one,the BNSF are nice as are the CN models.I just may get one yet,but I want theTower55 C&NW SD70ACe because I like the scheme.

Chris

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
CRed said:
Yep,it was worth the extra money just for the NP scheme for me.I still think they should have used gold instead of yellow on it,but that's UP's influence again.

Still,nothing wrong with those Atlas engines.If I wanted a SD70MAC or something I'd buy one,the BNSF are nice as are the CN models.I just may get one yet,but I want theTower55 C&NW SD70ACe because I like the scheme.

Chris

I can sompletely understand that. I too would pay the extra for that. Again, great looking equipment. :thumb: Just wondering, how do they run?

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
COMBAT said:
I can sompletely understand that. I too would pay the extra for that. Again, great looking equipment. :thumb: Just wondering, how do they run?
Thanks,they're pretty nice units.You'll have to ask Thoroughbreed about how they run,I don't have any track laid yet.

I've actually been looking at some Atlas,Athearn and Kato engines and if I could pick up one of those with sound for around $180 I just may get one!I think one of them has a more modern C&NW model and the BNSF in the Heritage scheme or CN,CP wouldn't be all bad either.I have to sell my F3's first though.