My Freight Train Pics

joesho

lol stop, your making me drool. what u might sell them!!??my advice is keep them :D lol i was just kidding bout the drool

CRed

CNWman said:
Well, if you know how to fix it up, I think the Gauge Railway doesn't have a caboose.....;)

Oh it can be fixed,it needs a new stack and new set of trucks I believe.If you guys need it you're welcomed to it,my treat!

The Smokey the Bear Box car that came from the set is important to me and my son though because my father in law just retired from the Forest Service which is why his wife bought it in the first place.

Chris

CRed

joesho said:
lol stop, your making me drool. what u might sell them!!??my advice is keep them :D lol i was just kidding bout the drool
Heh,that's O.K.I drool looking at them too I just try to make sure I'm atleast a few feet away when I do.:thumb:

My son was upset with me when I told him I might have to sell it,but it doesn't quite fit in the period I have decided to do.Still,I may keep them anyways because they're just so cool!

Chris

CNWman

CNW Fan
It's called a display case

CRed said:
Heh,that's O.K.I drool looking at them too I just try to make sure I'm atleast a few feet away when I do.:thumb:

My son was upset with me when I told him I might have to sell it,but it doesn't quite fit in the period I have decided to do.Still,I may keep them anyways because they're just so cool!

Chris

Many people don't run their favorite trains, but instead put them in protective display cases in a good spot:D :thumb:

CRed

CNWman said:
Many people don't run their favorite trains, but instead put them in protective display cases in a good spot:D :thumb:

Yeah,but not me I have to play with my toys!:D

I was actually going to sell it to get a Tower55 C&NW ACe engine when they become available,I'm sure you could appreciate that decision,eh?:thumb:

Chris

joesho

im sure they wouldnt know

what period are you modeling? im sure no1 in ur family but u would know its not the write period,or u could just run it when no 1 is lookingtooth1 bounce7 :p

CNWman

CNW Fan
you bet!

CRed said:
Yeah,but not me I have to play with my toys!:D

I was actually going to sell it to get a Tower55 C&NW ACe engine when they become available,I'm sure you could appreciate that decision,eh?:thumb:

Chris

That I aprove of! just one thing though, whats an Ace engine?

CRed

CNWman said:
That I aprove of! just one thing though, whats an Ace engine?

Here's a link for you...

http://www.tower55products.com/showroom.php

It's actually lettered as an UP engine with a retro C&NW livery,very cool though.

joesho:I think I'm going more modern with my layout.I have some structure kits that would look good for turn of the century to the 50's that I am selling also.

Chris

CRed

LongIslandTom said:
I think he meant an EMD SD70ACe locomotive. Big mutha of an engine.

Yep that's it,I just forgot all the letters and numbers involved so I shortened it a bit.:)

Thanks Tom.

Chris

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
CRed said:
Got my new Tower55 NP unit today,all I can say is WOW what a beauty!

tn_Picture103.jpg

This thread seems to be done,but I just paid $225 for this thing and I want someone else besides me to see it!

I just wish the yellow parts were gold like they're supposed to be,it would look better to me and more like other NP freight engines.

Chris

thats awesome! i need a CSX one for my layout. I had the chance, but i went with a BLI GG1 instead. I wish they'd make one in Conrail. I'd buy that!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
joesho said:
oh,wow lots of nice detail for ho :D i also like the funit in the backround

You my friend will have to take a closer look at the HO stuff out there! O gaugers always say their models have more detail. then i take a look at one of these units and shake my head!

as far as SD70ACes go, i think that are the uggliest things ever. I hate the new cabs. The body isn't bad though, its like an SD89MAC except shorter. Apperently railroaders don't like them either.

CRed

green_elite_cab said:
thats awesome! i need a CSX one for my layout. I had the chance, but i went with a BLI GG1 instead. I wish they'd make one in Conrail. I'd buy that!
Yeah no Conrail on the horizon it looks like,but I bet the CSX will look great!I think Atlas makes something similar for Conrail and it really looks nice too.

My dream engine would be a DM&IR Concept Series engine,now THAT would be excellent!

joesho:I did get a good deal on the F3's on E-Bay and when I sell them I just want what I paid for them,but even so I paid $250 for them so that's not exactly cheap either.You get what you pay for though and they are worth every cent if you ask me.

The structures I have are the RDA Delaney Iron Works and two Ertl kits,the Easton Mill and D.L & W Station.Very nice kits just out of my time period.The Ertl kits are rare and I belive they retailed for around $30 the RDA kit I got off of E-Bay for $40($70 retail) about half of retail so I'll ask for $70 for all three kits.

Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
CRed said:
Got my new Tower55 NP unit today,all I can say is WOW what a beauty!

tn_Picture103.jpg

This thread seems to be done,but I just paid $225 for this thing and I want someone else besides me to see it!

I just wish the yellow parts were gold like they're supposed to be,it would look better to me and more like other NP freight engines.

Chris

WOW, that is a NICE UNIT!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I went to the LHS on Sunday and saw some BNSF T55 units up-close and man the detail is AMAZING and I can't wait till I get my hands on a fewof themsign1

CRed

TruckLover said:
I went to the LHS on Sunday and saw some BNSF T55 units up-close and man the detail is AMAZING and I can't wait till I get my hands on a fewof themsign1

A few of them eh?I'd be happy with one more,I think the C&NW SD70ACe would do but I'd take an BNSF unit if I had to:thumb:.

Herc Driver

Pardon me for screaming....but....SOMEBODY, PLEASE START MAKING THESE IN NSCALE!!!

Sorry 'bout that. I'm still waiting for my Precision Craft Model PA2 to arrive and hopefully it will be as good looking as those Tower55 models which look great. The Tower55 and BLI products just look great.