My Freight Train Pics

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Yeah I know,you find an great deal once in a while if you're lucky and quick enough.I bought my BLI DM&IR RSD-15 for $100 new,the dang thing is $250 retail!

I just bought this today...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300064358304&rd=1&rd=1

Only about 25% off of retail,but still that's $75 and it's not like they're all over the place.

I am just starting out and I can't make up my mind what I want to do,I just got a great deal on a PCM Santa Fe F3 A/B set and now I'm thinking I may just go straight freight and no passenger service so I may have to sell those and get another freight diesel.

I want that C&NW SD70ACE really bad!

Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
AWSOME, hey at least you got it for less than retail.

I want so many TOWER 55 engines it itn't even funny. I printed out a list of there products and by the time I was done adding up everthing I wanted, which all were DCC and Sound, was about $2500.00:eek: :( goldtoth1 :curse:

Start slow.bounce7 bounce7

I want the CNW, UP, CSX, and BNSF units they have.

NYNH&H

Dec 11, 2006
Is it prototypical to run stacks in a mixed freight? It looks weird, but it would be great if I could do that, as I don't really want to put the $$$ down for a 35 car stack train. :D Somehwere there are paper containers you can print out and fold up. They are almost free. :D

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Yeah I know what you mean.I go to all those model train sites and on e-bay and it's like being a kid in a candy store!

My problem is I'm spending all my money on the pretty,cool stuff like the engines and I still don't even have a layout!:rolleyes:

I'm taking my time so I'll get to all that stuff,but I can't seem to help my self when it comes to the engines.:D

I do have a few buildings though,the Clyde Iron Works,a mill and a old freight like station that I have to get around to building.Other then that I need ALOT of stuff yet!

Thank you for the help,I'm sure I'll be hitting you more veteran guys up for more info soon.:thumb:

Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
NYNH&H said:
Is it prototypical to run stacks in a mixed freight? It looks weird, but it would be great if I could do that, as I don't really want to put the $$$ down for a 35 car stack train. :D Somehwere there are paper containers you can print out and fold up. They are almost free. :D

Well it is now huhsign1

I was thinking the same thing and then I just went ahead and did it :D :D :D

That site is great for containers and you can take N containers and scale them up to HO too.

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
If you go back to the link I gave you and read it it says there are N scale and HO scale containers on there. There are a few other scales there too. I have built many of the HO scale. I got some thicker paper at Staples, printed them off and they look great. The heavy paper also makes it weigh a little more and look better. :)

WOW, did anyone look at the bottom of this page?
http://home.wanadoo.nl/schatborn/

Truck trailers. Lots of them! :)

pgandw

Jul 9, 2005
NYNH&H said:
Is it prototypical to run stacks in a mixed freight? It looks weird, but it would be great if I could do that, as I don't really want to put the $$$ down for a 35 car stack train.

Most of the stack trains I have seen here in Oakland, CA and on the Donner Pass route to Utah are at most 2/3 stacks. Other cars fill in the train. Interesting that normal train length doubled once I got east of Ogden, Utah. It's still a heavy grade in Eastern Utah and South Western Wyoming.

Just my observations during a November drive to Cheyenne.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
i saw a stack train last night at 11. my uncle lives next to tracks ( but i've only been there in the dark, and while my train sense was tingling, ( and i did go under a nearby railroad underpass) I didn't think there was really anything there. Imissed the locomotives. I knew something big was going on outside, but until they said it was a train i didn't get up, and by that time it was just a wall of double stacks going by. better luck next time, right?

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Got my new Tower55 NP unit today,all I can say is WOW what a beauty!

tn_Picture103.jpg

This thread seems to be done,but I just paid $225 for this thing and I want someone else besides me to see it!

I just wish the yellow parts were gold like they're supposed to be,it would look better to me and more like other NP freight engines.

Chris

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
joesho said:
oh,wow lots of nice detail for ho :D i also like the funit in the backround

Yeah,it's very nice!

If you really want to see a nice F-Unit look at this...

tn_Picture102.jpg

Unfortunantly I may have to sell it:cry:.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
CNWman said:
That cabose in the backround better not be over water.........:rolleyes:

Nope it's not and to be honest it's an old broken Bachmann caboose of very little value to me.

Chris