My First time operating

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Hey everbody, Just had my first operating session, took about an hour and a half. What a blast! All that hard work and cussing is definately worth it.

Loren

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Woohoo!

Well, you are ahead of me. So tell us about it. Did you throw together some car cards and waybills or did you just wing it?

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Thanks everyone.

Gary, I actually ended up using a shareware program I found. Works pretty good to. Even sent my reefers to icing after they were loaded. Something I didn't expect.
I wanted to operate and my printer died, so I went this route for right now. Actually, it's kinda cool letting the computer do all the paperwork:D . Just might play with this for awhile.

Loren

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Actually I haven't tried it yet:eek:ops: . I've been sidetracked with the uncoupling magnets and mechanical turn-out controls for the past two weeks. I've got most of my roadbed down now, and it was time to tackle the stuff that needs to be installed under the track. I am really pleased with my progess.

How are things going with your layout? Any photos?

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Gary, have not done anything to my layout but try to operate it. Actually, I might tear the layout up and start over, or at least redo the trackplan. I made a real common mistake:eek:ops: and didn't even catch it. 90% of coupling and uncoupling is done on curved track, and that doesn't work to good, even if I am uncoupling by hand. It gets real frustrating when the cars don't couple. It's as bad as unwanted coupling with track magnets. So, no pictures until I figure out what I am going to do.
Good luck on your projects.

Loren

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Loren, glad you tested your layout before committing to it. I was aware of the curved track/coupling issues and made sure my industry spurs have plenty of straight length for uncoupling. Keep us posted on your changes.