my first real attempt

C

Catt

Scratchbuilding WARNING!!! this disease is highly contageous and VERY SATISFYING :D :D :D

Nice work csx.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Thats a good looking coal mine csxengineer
Hope to see more as it develops.
Scratchbuilding is FUN

how do I make green tinted windows?

how do I make green tinted windows? The industrial glass that is tinted green to let some sun in? I have clear styrene, but if I paint that green, it looks just like green plastic. Help. Also, what can I add to make this more realistic? Thanks

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's the stuff! The mine looks good CSX! For green tinted windows try the school supplies aisle at your local store for transparent colored folders for school reports. For added realism how about some conveyors? Also maybe some steps. ladders, and platforms with railings so your mine workers can access different levels of the structure...Nice work!
Ralph

shaygetz

Somewhere, deep in the bowels of www.walthers.com, a sales rep is letting out a pitiful wailing at the thought of yet another modeler freed from the chains of store bought structure kits. Cool beans...

csxengineer:

Most craft stores carry a spray paint for "stained glass" projects. This is safe for plastic and it translucent. A thin coat will allow you to see through it a bit. This is effective if you are lighting your structures. I used it on a couple of HO passenger cars I helped a friend with. It works very well, but be sure it's dry before handling it.

Eric