My first pics....

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by ltla9000311, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Hello all here are my first pictures to be posted on the forum, please tell me what you think!

My first build, Aliens Dropship from the Aliens Paper model page;
    I wouldn't recommend this for a first time builder, lots of little parts, but a very good free kit.:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

very nice! thats a good clean build. i always wwhanted to see this one built.thanks for sharing:)
  3. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

more pics.....

Here is my 98% finished M-41A Pulse Rifle from The Aliens Paper Model page. You can see a piece of one of my other hobbies right next to the magazine of the pulse rifle. Can you guess what it is? I don't know if my pics are sharp enough to identify it....

Attached Files:

4. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Yet another....

Here is my D model Valkyrie from Robotech/Macross. My favorite version of the Valk!

Attached Files:

5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

First the pics of the models look good as do the models. :thumb:
    Second it looks like your other hobby is making chain maile. Lookin' good too.:thumb: :)
  6. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

Great builds, thanks for sharing.

And my gues for what your other hobby: knitting chainmail, from the size of it, I would say it is a dicebag, or part of a glove.

Kind regards

Jim Lionmane
  7. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Excellent modeling, very crisp and clear photography. Try placing a sheet of light blue or grey posterboard as a backdrop so that the focus of the shot is not distracted by the surrounding items.

I'm a purist. Shoot me.
  8. mauther

mauther Active Member

Cool models. Your M41A is impressive. Very good job. Welcome and thanks for sharing.
  9. mauther

mauther Active Member

Are you a cosplay designer?
  10. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Awesome models, and thanks for posting.
  11. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Thank you....

Hey guys thank you for the kind words.

cdavenport-The idea of putting a piece of light blue paper behind my models is a very good idea. My next pics will definitely have that added feature.:thumb:

Jim Lionmane & SCEtoAux-Yes it is ringmaille, it's not a dice bag, it is rolled into a ball right now. It is stainless that I wound from wire myself, 3/16" inner dia. It will eventually be a skirt for my girlfriend. That piece has about 3500 rings in it. But paper modeling is cutting into my knitting time!:cool: Any ways back to the topic at hand.:mrgreen:

mauther-No I haven't designed for cosplay. I have looked around on the net at some Japanese cosplay sites, but I need to learn how to make molds, and learn how to lay fiberglass.:confused:

Thanks again guys for the encouragement, any constructive criticism is welcome.

Thanks

Todd
  12. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

A ringmaille skirt eh? sounds fashionable. If that's your girlfriends style and your hobby, then you have a match made in heaven my friend, lol, nothing like killing to birds with one stone (or 3500 rings)
  13. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Yes I am very lucky, she is a wonderful woman. That piece only measures about 9" by 6". So to make a skirt, I'm going to need about 18 to 20,000 rings minimum.wall1 Just like every hobby there is what amounts to "stamping license plates". Very repetetive!:confused: Thanks for the reply.

Todd
  14. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Nice clean work :)