My first model train set.

gerbs4me

I got my first model train set today. It's made by Life Like, and I really like the quality of the track and train. I bought it for half price, I couldn't pass up the deal, a $60 set for $30.
I'm really going to enjoy this set. I've start thinking about a layout. I'm so glad I bought HO scale. N is to small.

jon-monon

Rock on Gerbs, welcome to the club!!! You can find all the help you need rat here! They even help beeg dummies like me!:) :D ;) :p :cool:

davidstrains

Half of the enjoyment of the hobby is getting started. The other half is continuing to grow in your knowledge of your hobby and increasing your skills and craftmanship. You are in the right place for all of those. Ask questions, read the various threads and absorb like a sponge.

BUT.......don't expect it all to come together immediately. Practice, practice, rethink and redo. TADAAA!!! All part of the enjoyment:) :)

shamus

Registered Member
Hi gerbs4me, looks like you are hooked on model railroading now, lets see some photo's of it when you get the track laid.
Shamus

msh

Oh goodness, gerbs4me.... now you've done it. You've entered the world of model railroading, a world from which there is no return. Once you've had a taste of this, the greatest hobby, you're going to want more and more of it and there's no end to what you can and will want to do. This is one of the great places for the answers to your questions and to show off your accomplishments. Welcome and HAVE FUN!!

Vic

Hey Grebs, So glad you "gone and done it"..:) :D :D Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.