my first ever...

Mattokun

Jul 8, 2011
My first ever card model: the FG Lilienthal Glider... doesn't look like much, but is the prelude to this great hobby... more to come! :)

Thanks for looking... it's nothing compared to all those great models I see on this site, but it's my first... (Actually, I wanted to "spicen it up" by including "wiring" from the "posts" on each side, but thread was too thick and my wife refused to donate some of her hair sign1 )

Attachments

• FG Lilienthal Glider.jpg
    FG Lilienthal Glider.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 20
Z

Zathros

The cabling was thicker than you may have thought and does well to finish off the model. Any lack sewing thread would do, though you need more pictures to place them in the right spot.

000-3d-model-lilien_taschen_img.jpg

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Some modelers use fishing lines for the rigging. I like to use upholstering thread which is almost as tough as fishing wire and way stronger that regular all purpose thread. Keep up the good work, one step at a time will bring you closer to a masterpiece.

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Looks good enough!

Mattokun

It looks good enough for a beginner, and better than mine, but hey! I am also a beginner, and I'm in it for the fun. I have been assembling models for a couple of months now, and not very worried with finishing it up with the great techniques of the high-skilled guys here. For now, I'm just gaining experience, and trying to make my models look acceptable.
You'll find a lot of people here who do incredible jobs (see Dnalor, Uhu02, Ron Caudillo, and Claudio Dias, just for a start). No need to talk about our moderators' work, awesome!
So, looking at your model, I have just realized that I lack the courage to put whatever I have (tried to) built(d), but I will do it soon enough.
Keep up the good work, and if I knew this hobby and the things I see here could be so wonderful, I would have joined years ago!

Z

Zathros

The threading in a model like that will actually teach you much. If you use thread, dope it with liquid crazy glue. If you use fishing line, you will not need to do that. The thread gave great strength to the wings and done properly, will add strength to the model is well. :)