my first E unit project. C&EI E9 1102

I have had these sitting around for quite some time, putting them off because of all the tiny parts. last week i finally got up the nerve to get them done(this E9 and a couple of E7's) yes, i am secretly obsessed with the Chicago & Eastern Illinois railroad.[:D][:O](dont tell anyone!)

i have one thing to say, undecorated P2K locomotives are a giant pain in the rear to assemble![:D] tons and tons of tiny parts, and getting the window glass in without braking it, and getting it to stay in without clouding it with glue is defiantely a pain.

this is a stock kit, the only things i added are the grabs going up the side and on the nose, and the grab rail over the windows. i used floquil dark blue paint and microscale decals (set MC-4074)

another Chicago & Eastern Illinois unit in the desert?!? something wrong here.....
C%26EI%20E9%201102%201.JPG

C%26EI%20E9%201102%202.JPG

C%26EI%20E9%201102%203.JPG

now i gotta get off my rear and finish decaling and assembling my 2

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Looks great TW! I'll bet P2Ks are a PITB to assemble! The RTR's are sooooo detailed. What kinda glue do you use on the glass? Testors has some "windowmaker and glue" stuff that does not fog, and dries pretty clear if you get some on the glass. I've never had any luck making windows with it, but it's the best thing I've used for gluing windows in.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi TW, you did a great job, needle nose pliers really come in handy sometimes:D

Shamus:thumb:

Jon, the windows are just press fit in. it seems to be holding well for mos of them, but i did crack one trying to get it in. i think i will clear out the holes on the 2 E7's andglue the windows in so i wont break them. i'll ahve to track down that Testors stuff and see how it works.

thanks for the compliments....E7's 1100 and 1101 coming soon....:D :D :D :D