My first builds (Futurama's Planet Express ship, BSG Cylon Raider and Viper MK2)

paperdemon

imnew1.gif

Well, hello everyone!
I think it's time I finally got started on posting some of my stuff here.

It all started when a friend of mine got me infected with his new hobby some time last february.
I started on building Ninjatoes' BSG Viper MK2 with a whole lot of ambition. As it turned out, the model was a bit more advanced than I had expected, but regardless, I went through with it. Well, with the wrong sort of paper and I didn't take some of the instructions too seriously. So in the end it looked quite like Starbuck had crashlanded her Viper on a moon, but as a first dryrun I think it went all right.

After another couple of failed attemps with different models I let it rest for a few months but a couple of weeks ago I picked up again where I had left and built the Planet Express ship from Futurama. I know it's quite simple but I'm a huge Futurama fan and I also think it was a good way to get into modeling again.

Here she is:

Attachments

• planet-express-ship.jpg
    planet-express-ship.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 28

paperdemon

BSG Cylon Raider

After the Planet Express ship went all well, I discovered a new addition in Ninjatoes' BSG-Category and just had to give the Cylon Raider a try. His paper models are incredibly well made.
It took me about a week with a few hours of modeling in the evening everyday. It's not perfect but I'm quite proud of the result:

Attachments

• cylon_raider_small.jpg
    cylon_raider_small.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 23

paperdemon

BSG Viper MK2

After the Raider was finished I decided to build the Viper again I had (so badly) built in the beginning but this time I actually paid attention to the instructions and it turned out to be a real beauty.

Attachments

• viper_mk2_sm.jpg
    viper_mk2_sm.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 22

Millenniumfalsehood

Very well done! Your first paper models, huh? Quite nice for a first-timer. :thumb: If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism: next time pick up some cheap markers in a large variety of colors and try out edge-coloring.

paperdemon

What to do...

Thanks for the encouraging replies!:wave:

...what is next on your agenda?

Well, I recently finished my last project but I think I'll post it in a new thread.
For now, I haven't decided what to do next. Probably something Star-trekish for a change.

pick up some cheap markers in a large variety of colors and try out edge-coloring.

Yeah, I already tried some edge-coloring on the Cylon Raider after I had finished it but put it off again till I find thin-enough markers for that kinda job.

silveroxide

For edge coloring, I use a paint brush most of the times. Markers sometimes do not make it into the little nooks and crannies that a paint brush can get into. The only problem with paints, is trying to get an approximate color of the model but it is do-able. Waiting to see what is next. See you around the forums.