My first build - Ork Leman Russ

Faschist Hippy

Dec 27, 2012
hey all,
i thought i'll start my first build/post i thought id jump into a little bit of the deep end (being a complete novice) and start with an ork looting leman russ, why have i picked this? well firstly, i wanted something i could use on the table top, secondly it looks simple enough for me to complete as this is my first try at a full card model.

anyway, enough bantering... heres some progress pics. (oh and yes that is a baby monitor in the pic, my son was having a rough night last night so had to keep an extra ear out.

:mrgreen:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
It looks like you are off to a good start.

If I may suggest? Either get some Water Colour paints or colour markers and colour the esges (It is better if you colour the edges before you glue the parts together). That way, you will get more of a "finished" look to the model.

Keep up the good work!!!

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Good start on a 40K subject. If you are planning on re-painting your Loota Tank, don't worry about the edges. I would like to recommend that you look through the forum for the way others have built their 40K models. Don't forget, that Eli has built fantastic designs for Warhammer, but you are not restricted to build as is, especially the Looted vehicles. Refer to Dakkadakka for further reference material and extra stuff that you can add to it. Enjoy and see you around the forum.

Faschist Hippy

Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for the advice, im using this first build as more of a prototype learning curve really... seeing what works and what doesnt.

ive gone over some of the white edges with a sharpie pen though may be more tempted to paint the edges in the future as the ink spread onto the printed design.

but saying that im in half a mind to print off blank and paint my own designs.

anyway... heres some pics from last night.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
What you could do to that model is print out another one, and use it to build up surfaces on the one you just completed. Like the doors, etc. You would be surprised how a simple model can really come to life. Thank looks great by the way. It's not crooked, it looks very squared off. Great job. :)