My Father's Illness

jon-monon

Helllo friends. I've not been on-line much for weeks, as I took a new position at my company and my father has fallen ill. It's pretty bad:

>>My father is in ICU at Home Hospital. It's been a rough week, and
>>they've finally determined he has cancer, and it's inoperable. He's too
>>weak for chemo, and surgery is completely out. There is a small chance
>>that it would respond to a pill and buy us some time. He's got
>>complications from it and is on a resperator. Our goal is to get him
>>back home and spend some time with him. We may meet our goal with or
>>without the pill.

You are my friends, and I felt you should know. It was not until today that we really knew the prognosis.

seanm

Jon,

I don't really know you, but I know exactly the position you are in. I was there 2 years ago. Best of luck and spend as much time with the old man as you can...even if he doesn't know you are there. YOU will know you were there.

Hang in there!

cidchase

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Jon. I hope he's not too much
in pain. I'm sure he's glad you all are with him. We'll be
thinking about you.

Jon,

Good luck to you and your family. We all know what it is like to loose those close to us, but hopefully you can have an outstanding Christmas with your family and be reminded what Christmas is all about!

-doc

interurban

So very sorry to read this Matey :cry: You and your family know our prayer`s will be acending to the Throne of Grace for you all.

I do hope when you get Dad home he is not in to much pain.

This on top of a new position at work must put a lot of strain on you John.
Take it one day at a time friend.

F

Fred_M

I hope your wishes all come true babe. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Your friend always, Fred

Jon...

Family has to come first....we will not be judged by the money in our bank accounts but by the compassion in our hearts. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your folks.

rcline

Jon - Sorry to hear about your dad, I know what you are going thru because my father is turned 80 last April. He is in pretty bad shape also, we dont know if he will make it thru this winter.
Our prayers are with you.

ezdays

Out AZ way
It's hard to find words that will help, but let us just say that we are all here and we care about you and your family. You are all in our prayers and we wish for the best outcome possible for you, your father and your other family members.

We also wish you the best in your new position.

Ray Marinaccio

Sorry to hear about your father Jon.
Hang in there. Make the best of the time you have together and remind him of the better times you've had together.
You and your family will be in our prayers.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
It's very difficult to face what you and your family are going through Jon. I just hope that your father has some comfort and being at home with family is the best thing that can happen for him.

Gary Pfeil

So sorry to hear about your father Jon. There is nothing I can say to add to whats been said, I wish you and your family well. Hang in there!

belg

Jon very sorry to hear Dad is not well and I can sympatize as my Mom is suffering thru her cancer treatments and things are not looking well for her prognosis. I try to spend as much time with her as I can so she knows I truly love her. Hope you guys make a miraculous recovery and please honor all your promises to him. Sincerely yours Pat

TrainClown

Jon. I've missed you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I know how your world can be turned upside down. My heart goes out to you and your family. I feel your concern and your sadness as my father has recently suffered 2 strokes and now he just isn't himself. He isn't gone yet, but I have lost him forever. This has made me very sad and so I haven't been posting much.

When medical problems arise......it stinks!

Back in 1973, my mother was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph gland. Also an in-operable type of cancer. She took heavy kemo therapy that made her very sick for a while and all her hair fell out, but the cancer went into remission for 7 years. Me, being a foolish young man had a disagreement with her at one point, about 1978, and I refused to talk to her for 6 months. She thought my girlfriend was wrong for me. My mom died on Christmas day in 1980. My girlfriend, who became my wife, left me in 1984. So mom was right. And I am a big fool for wasting 6 months of what little time she had left.

Your facing a tough section of track on a bad grade, my friend. Throttle back and easy on the brakes. I hope and pray for the best for you and your family.

Be strong.

Chris

faroukstan

Jon ... Missed your write-ups and you! I know how it feels to having parent/s very ill...I lost my mother to cancer in 1986. Like the rest I can say be STRONG and submit to the will of God...

Mhmd Farouk