My day with Pete

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Gary Pfeil, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

I met Pete yesterday, we spent from 11 am till 1 am talking and running trains. Yes, his equipment operated flawlessly, except for the one time a turnout was apparently thrown beneath his train. No one present was quite sure how that happened! That and a couple other stupid operator tricks were pretty much the only problems encountered, as we pretty successfully ran a days schedule on the NYC in and out of Manhatten. Well, I admit you needed a good imigination to know that's what you were doing. Between very little scenery yet and the visiting power (N&W, C&O, Erie, even Western Maryland) it would be hard to tell you were in New York! But there was an inbound morning rush of passenger trains while freight predominently were westbound in the am, with their roles were reversed in the evening. And the mixed milk train and interchange traffic with the JGL. All in all things went well, just a few bad contact problems like dirty wheels. Late in the evening (after midnight) I took some photos of Pete's locos in the one scenic area, they will be downloaded tonight and decent ones will be posted tomorrow. A good evening, I thank Pete for his company and help and tips passed along.

Gary
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Hey Gary,
    Thanks back for your hospitality, and some great trackwork to run on.
    I made it to my next destination, no problems. I'll get that box car in the mail as soon as I get home. Good thing my head is physically attached to the rest of me, I'd leave it somewhere! Thanks also to Blake, and Jim. We had a good operating session!, and I saw some nice modelwork.
    Pete
  3. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Here's what I judge to be one of the best photos taken here last night.

Attached Files:

4. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Here is another.

Attached Files:

5. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

OK Pete, this is the one you've been waiting for. Not the same without the girl on the bridge.

Attached Files:

6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Well I spent a exremely enjoyable day with Pete last month so no suprise you all had a good time!!! :) :cool: :) Nice pics Gary! :cool:
  7. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Gary,
    Nice shots!!. I'll have to play with the "helper" shot when I get home.
    Pete
  8. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Nice!

Those are some nice pictures and a very nice layout!

Andy