My day with Pete

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I met Pete yesterday, we spent from 11 am till 1 am talking and running trains. Yes, his equipment operated flawlessly, except for the one time a turnout was apparently thrown beneath his train. No one present was quite sure how that happened! That and a couple other stupid operator tricks were pretty much the only problems encountered, as we pretty successfully ran a days schedule on the NYC in and out of Manhatten. Well, I admit you needed a good imigination to know that's what you were doing. Between very little scenery yet and the visiting power (N&W, C&O, Erie, even Western Maryland) it would be hard to tell you were in New York! But there was an inbound morning rush of passenger trains while freight predominently were westbound in the am, with their roles were reversed in the evening. And the mixed milk train and interchange traffic with the JGL. All in all things went well, just a few bad contact problems like dirty wheels. Late in the evening (after midnight) I took some photos of Pete's locos in the one scenic area, they will be downloaded tonight and decent ones will be posted tomorrow. A good evening, I thank Pete for his company and help and tips passed along.

Gary

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Hey Gary,
Thanks back for your hospitality, and some great trackwork to run on.
I made it to my next destination, no problems. I'll get that box car in the mail as soon as I get home. Good thing my head is physically attached to the rest of me, I'd leave it somewhere! Thanks also to Blake, and Jim. We had a good operating session!, and I saw some nice modelwork.
Pete